The Ratings Thread - a lot of people watched wrestling on Super Tuesday, sort of

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I'm not saying they shouldn't get a TV deal at all, for Dynamite, but I guess I don't get how WBD is even satisfied with those Rampage/Collision numbers at this point to pay for them.

Like those are pretty much NHL regular season numbers, and the NHL generates more ad revenue.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
1723680944802.png

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

WWE Smackdown’s rating and viewership backtracked just a bit from last week’s three-week high. Friday’s episode garnered a 0.61 rating in the 18 – 49 demographic and 2.252 million viewers per Wrestlenomics. Those numbers were down 0.8% and 4.7% respectively from the previous week’s 0.64 demo rating and audience of 2.269 million.

While down from last week, Friday’s show was otherwise the best in the numbers since the July 19th episode brought in a 0.65 demo rating and 2.313 million.

Smackdown is averaging a 0.648 demo rating and 2.306 million viewers in 2024 to date, compared to a 0.600 demo rating and 2.289 million for the same point in 2023.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
It's funny looking at these charts while the excuses roll out for AEW having to compete with the NHL/NBA, AEW having to deal with Juneteenth, AEW having to compete with warm weather, AEW having to compete against the Olympics.

Yet WWE's numbers are steady with the same competition.

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
That 18-49 is pretty rough compared to what they've been doing recently.
I get why ppl like RAW lately, but almost every week the 10pm est match/segment has put me to sleep...they need to do better there.

It's nearly been some match with Pure Fusion or something similar that me, personally, am not into

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I get why ppl like RAW lately, but almost every week the 10pm est match/segment has put me to sleep...they need to do better there.

It's nearly been some match with Pure Fusion or something similar that me, personally, am not into

Well we know that Triple H has said for awhile he f***ing hates the three hour format.

Wonder if he just throws all the big angles in the 8PM and 9PM hours and throws together an OK match at the main event for the die-hards.

Reactions: Fro

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
It's one of the last few weeks it's on Fox, doubt it but wonder if that plays in.

More likely the lack of Roman being advertised hurt them. Smackdown doesn't have a ton going on without Roman right now
It's more the latter part...love KO, but him being a focal point now after he was treated as an also ran...I think that's part of it...also, to @Sheppy 's like, has Cody started to rub ppl wrong?

Is his music over, but he isnt?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah it's more he is the secondary feud on the show.

Him and KO are doing fine work together, but the only smackdown story with real juice is The Bloodline right now

Week 1 NFL is going to take a big chunk out on Friday this week

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Yeah it's more he is the secondary feud on the show.

Him and KO are doing fine work together, but the only smackdown story with real juice is The Bloodline right now

Week 1 NFL is going to take a big chunk out on Friday this week
That show will also be aired and thus streamed live earlier in Europe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad