The Ratings Thread - a lot of people watched wrestling on Super Tuesday, sort of

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
1724940198200.png

1724967750487.png

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Things are not looking good for weekend wrestling on TNT

View attachment 904968
View attachment 905078

AEW really needs to rethink how to do these show. Basically both have the leftover show feel. Maybe they should make a night talk show style show with Tony Kahn as host and call it Friday Night Fighters where they interview the wrestlers and have little bits of them in their regular life

Imagine a nice little bit where you get a better feeling for the Wrestler and what they are all about

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

According to Wrestlenomics, the September 3 episode of "NXT" averaged a total of 631,000 viewers, marking a 3% increase from the 615,000 viewers that tuned in the previous week. This is also 1% increase on the trailing four weeks average that came in at 624,000, which also includes the second week that "NXT" aired on SyFy due to the Summer Olympics in Paris forcing them off the USA Network for two weeks.

While the overall average viewership got a small bump, the key 18-49 demographic number remained the same, with the September 3 episode earning a 0.17, the exact same as the previous week as well as the trailing four weeks According to Programming Insider, a 0.17 places "NXT" in the top 10 for all primetime shows that aired Tuesday night, sitting in 10th place behind FBI: International on CBS, which earned the same number. As for all primetime shows that aired on cable, "NXT" finished in third place behind two separate hours of FOX News coverage.

According to Wrestlenomics, the September 4 edition of "Dynamite" averaged a total of 660,000 viewers, a 5% drop from the 697,000 viewers that the August 28 episode drew. The key 18-49 demographic took an even bigger hit as the show earned a 0.19 number, 17% less than the 0.23 it scored seven days earlier. Those are "Dynamite's" lowest viewership numbers since the August 7, 2024 episode of the show, and the fourth lowest ever in its regular Wednesday night timeslot. "Dynamite" still ranked highly for the evening compared to other primetime cable shows that aired, placing fifth behind two hours of FOX News coverage (first and fourth place), the US Open tennis tournament (second place) and MTV's "The Challenge" (third place).

"Dynamite" started with its traditional big lead-in from "The Big Bang Theory" as Q1 was viewed by 810,000 people, but that dropped to 636,000 by Q2. The lowest viewership occurred in Q6 as the total dipped to 597,000 viewers, but that would bounce back by Q8 that was viewed by 675,000. The show's closing angle that took place in the seven minute overrun was viewed by a total of 665,000 live viewers.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I honestly don't get why TNT airs episodes of Collision or Rampage, they can get higher ratings with episodes of Gilligan's Island

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Corny did a quarter hour breakdown of Dynamite last week. Okada/Fletcher over Q2 and Q3 lost nearly 200K viewers from Q1. (A huge drop is normal but not quite that huge) The lowest quarter dipped below 600K and featured Mercedes and the Young Bucks.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Big win for NXT going up against the debate

To be honest I always felt going up against some big event is not a ratings killer. What that means is more people are staying home and the ones not watching have nothing else to do. I never get for instance why they don't counter program the Superbowl. If 100M people are watching that, it means 230M people have nothing better to do

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Big sports events absolutely do cut into ratings, there is plenty of data that shows every show takes a hit. Football being the biggest one.

Current events maybe not, but the debate did do big numbers. Idk NXT usually does between that 500-600K pretty steadily.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Big sports events absolutely do cut into ratings, there is plenty of data that shows every show takes a hit. Football being the biggest one.

Once again I think counter programming wouldn't hurt. Now I wouldn't counter program the Superbowl with a show targeting males 25-54, but one directed at females could work. Your goal isn't to compete with the Superbowl it's just to do a better than average rating. As I said when 100M people are watching the Superbowl, that means there is alot of people who otherwise might be spending time with those people who have nothing to do.

In the case of the debate, I do think Wrestling is a good counter programming to it, now wrestling against the Superbowl, not so much

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad