The Ratings Thread - a lot of people watched wrestling on Super Tuesday, sort of

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I forget, only AEW is allowed to use other sports as an excuse for declining viewership on individual week.
This is really bothering you.

If it makes you feel better, Let's compare this week's AEW to NXT from the week prior. AEW still crushed them. There.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I don't watch AEW much by why such a huge increase in ratings this week compared to last week?

They advertised a good match between stars, rather than Tony's typical strategy of putting a Jon Moxley vs. a Lee Moriarty and wondering why nobody tuned in for the inevitable outcome.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
They did a half PPV on free tv.
I actually don't have a problem with it. They've badly needed to get away from putting a top guy against a jobber and having a 10-15 match for a long time now.

It showed in the ratings that it worked. Still not a great rating considering they were over 800K typically a year ago, but it's a big bump. Maybe Tony learns from it.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I actually don't have a problem with it. They've badly needed to get away from putting a top guy against a jobber and having a 10-15 match for a long time now.

It showed in the ratings that it worked. Still not a great rating considering they were over 800K typically a year ago, but it's a big bump. Maybe Tony learns from it.
You can't do half PPV's every week and expect it to be successful. Why would I care about an MJF/Ospreay match for $80 when I can watch it on Wednesdays for free?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
You can't do half PPV's every week and expect it to be successful. Why would I care about an MJF/Ospreay match for $80 when I can watch it on Wednesdays for free?
True, but it's not out of the ordinary for an "Anniversary" show. This was 250 right?

RAW 1,000 I think was Punk vs. Cena and ended with Punk turning heel on The Rock.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
1721743732215.png

1721743754474.png

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Raw lost about the same amount as NXT being on SyFy. We'll see what Dynamite did against some strong American performances at the Olympics.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
1.793m vs 1.412m and 633k vs 468k. 21% decline for Raw and 26% decline for NXT.

Ratings fluctuate week to week anyways and maybe even if there was no Olympics and the shows were on USA the ratings may have been lower than the previous week however we will neve know.

We're all just idiots typing on our phones, tablets or keyboards so what do we know but I would wager that if the episodes were on USA instead of SyFy the decline would be less than the 20%+ that occurred thus the change in networks is more important than the fact that people could be watching the Olympics. Yes they were on a different channel because USA was airing Olympic coverage however there are other times they get bumped to SyFy and sometimes Smackdown gets bumped from Fox to FS1 and the vast majority of the time, if not every time, the ratings are less than they normally receive.

edit...Dynamite was 786k vs 609k which is a 22.5% decline. I stand by my comments and generally speaking Dynamite does seem to fluctuate more than WWE shows. Since it's a similar decline to the other two shows the Olympics is the only reason for the drop crowd has some data to back up their theory but I'll die on the hill that the vast majority of the time SyFy would get less ratings than USA regardless of the Olympics.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad