OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Whats a Running Back? Does it make the Steel Steeler?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Tomlin would f*** up the development of any QB they draft anyway - someone has to be brain dead not to see who he is by now.

I think they refuse to acknowledge he's the main problem. The root of it Rooney. They prefer to blame the players and coordinators.

Even though Canada isn't a nfl caliber coordinator, it's not his fault he's still employed!

It's not the players fault they're being improperly developed and not put in a position to succeed.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think they refuse to acknowledge he's the main problem. The root of it Rooney. They prefer to blame the players and coordinators.

Even though Canada isn't a nfl caliber coordinator, it's not his fault he's still employed!

It's not the players fault they're being improperly developed and not put in a position to succeed.

We can do absolutely nothing about Art Rooney, short of some sort of scandal/abuse/criminal charges.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
We can do absolutely nothing about Art Rooney, short of some sort of scandal/abuse/criminal charges.

No but what will get his attention is getting a Rooney sucks chant going at the game.

A Tomlin sucks one would be great to watch his jimmies get rustled at the press conference

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
A Fire Canada at the game really did nothing last time because all you got was the Roonlin cooperate response. It accomplishes nothing.

A Fire Tomlin chant makes things uncomfortable for Rooney.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
No but what will get his attention is getting a Rooney sucks chant going at the game.

A Tomlin sucks one would be great to watch his jimmies get rustled at the press conference

Who they hire after Canada is going to tell the tale for these guys.

The most important coaching position trusted to a cheap nepo hire is a horrific reflection on both.

Teams with cruddy owners can still win though. There's a salary cap and floor.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

The most important coaching position trusted to a cheap nepo hire is a horrific reflection on both.

Who they are going to hire?

Look for a guy who gave his wife a discount on her haircut.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
At this point, this is not an either/or with the offense for who sucks. Canada sucks, Pickett sucks, Najee sucks and the OL sucks. Hell, I'm even turning on the WR group as well, they seem comically overrated for how hyped they were in the off-season. It's a toxic situation all around, one that I honestly don't know how you can get out of. There is not a single thing this organization can do that fixes their issues on offense, the issues are deeply entrained and will take multiple years of correct roster management to address.

This is all frustrating because the team put themselves down this path when they decided to go "all in" on Ben's last year in 2021. The OL had gone to garbage in the past few years, with their entire elite OL from 2017 (Villanueva, Foster, DeCastro, Pouncey and Gilbert) being gone from the team after the 2020 season. Their OL by the 2020 season was already bad because the guys left from that 2017 group had regressed significantly. With a completely empty OL, what did they decide to do in the 2021 draft? Draft a f***ing RB with their 1st round pick. That is the point where the Steelers set themselves on the path to where they are today. The Steelers did the same exact thing in 2022, just plug Pickett in for Ben and don't do anything to actually address the issues on the team.

I think Pickett and Harris are both lower tier starters at their respective positions, but both were put in a position to fail by an arrogant organization refusing to admit they need to rebuild. How do you expect Harris to have success with such a garbage run blocking OL? How do you expect Pickett to have success with no running game and a dunce offensive coordinator? Both have absolutely stunk on their own, but the team did them no favors.

Ultimately, the only way out of the purgatory they've put themselves in is either to tear it down or get insanely lucky. I don't know which one of those I'd put more as unlikely, because this team is way too arrogant to tear it down.
They had elite Oline coaching in 2017. The only elite talent at that point was Decastro. Villanueva, for example, was always trash. Coaching is the biggest issue right now.

Reactions: RustyRazor

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Yes

And when you look at the state of the entire staff it looks to be among the worst in the NFL.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
the next Steelers coordinator will probably stagger up to Tomlin after a game like Randy Quaid in ID4 all like "I can football. I'm coach" and dude will be like "hired."

• Haha
Reactions: Night Shift

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Houston curb stomped Tomlin and his precious D using backup o-lineman, one was off their practice squad and also a guy the Steelers cut.

They also haven’t won back2back home games in two years.

Steelers had zero sacks and got the ball stuffed down their throat.

This is what Tomlin teams do, because they are coached so poorly.

Tired of the excuses for him. Tired of watching him embarrass this once proud org over and over and over and over.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
At least there were no delusions of them winning pretty early. I got the chance to get outside and mow my grass. f*** watching this team man. I have better things to do.

Reactions: Pens1566

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Who they are going to hire?

Look for a guy who gave his wife a discount on her haircut.

This was the result the last time a legitimate football team gave Matt Canada a shot. Gone in a year.
That we rushed to hire him is a scandal. Especially when you throw in Dino's scholarship.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Even the Jets offense with Wilson looks miles better than the Steelers’ lol

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Even the Jets offense with Wilson looks miles better than the Steelers’ lol

Pretty the Steelers are the only team in the NFL that do not have NFL caliber coaches. You can argue that Tomlin can still be a decent DB coach in the NFL. However it seems he's out of touch with modern NFL.

Reactions: Andy99

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
McCarthy was a fine coach today outcoaching Belichick..

Does anyone else want to argue with me that McCarthy is not superior to Tomlin this week?

ZorkEnchanter

Aug 16, 2020
Pretty the Steelers are the only team in the NFL that do not have NFL caliber coaches. You can argue that Tomlin can still be a decent DB coach in the NFL. However it seems he's out of touch with modern NFL.

What has Tomlin done with any Steelers DB or DB draft pick to make you think he's a great coach at this point.

He's long past his expiration. Love what he did for us 10 years ago but the game has passed him by.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
What has Tomlin done with any DB or DB draft pick to make you think he's a great coach at this point.

He's long past his expiration. Love what he did for us 10 years ago but the game has passed him by.

He was on Grudens staff in 02 as a DB coach. The Bucs won the SB that year. It was part of why he got a DC position in Minnesota in the first place.

But I agree that he might still be living too much in the past to be that impactful as a DB coach today.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Most teams fire their OC after one putrid season. But dumb Tomlin thinks doing the same thing offensively for the last 4 seasons is gonna eventually worked out.

Everyone outside the national media who love to hype him up, knows Tomlin should have been fired after the Jags playoff game.

Least use of motions in the NFL, Which is a huge trend in today's game to break down defenses. For some reason Tomlin is stuck in his ways and doesn't copycat the league. Game been passed him by, at least for the Steelers. He does a good job getting the most out of subpar talent, but when it comes to offensive scheming and utilizing higher end talent, he's out of his depth.

Even those defenses were getting lit up in 2013-2018 and still get lit up embarrassingly on 3rd downs, he is not getting good results on either side of the ball. Especially vs good teams.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
In b4 Canada is fired and Tomlin says he's taking over play calling duties so he can be in charge of both sides of the ball.
I mean, I doubt Tomlin would be a worse playcaller, just based off chances.

Can't get worse than 12.7 PPG from the offense.
McCarthy was a fine coach today outcoaching Belichick..

Does anyone else want to argue with me that McCarthy is not superior to Tomlin this week?
McCarthy will embarrass himself like he does every year. Best overall roster In the league and he constantly underperforms with elite talent.

Literally has the same problems as Tomlin, Two turds.

But only one has gone sub 500. With a prime Aaron Rodgers.

Wonder what embarrassing final play the Dallas season will end on this time? Hard to top 2021 and 2022.

Fire Tomlin sure, but don't bring in another Tomlin, who's just a dumb yinzer.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Most teams fire their OC after one putrid season. But dumb Tomlin thinks doing the same thing offensively for the last 4 seasons is gonna eventually worked out.

Everyone outside the national media who love to hype him up, knows Tomlin should have been fired after the Jags playoff game.

Least use of motions in the NFL, Which is a huge trend in today's game to break down defenses. For some reason Tomlin is stuck in his ways and doesn't copycat the league. Game been passed him by, at least for the Steelers. He does a good job getting the most out of subpar talent, but when it comes to offensive scheming and utilizing higher end talent, he's out of his depth.

Even those defenses were getting lit up in 2013-2018 and still get lit up embarrassingly on 3rd downs, he is not getting good results on either side of the ball. Especially vs good teams.

I'm not even sure Tomlin is a good DC. We have been totally dependent on the singular talent of TJ Watt for 4 years now. Tomlin's soft zones get shredded without TJ.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'm not even sure Tomlin is a good DC. We have been totally dependent on the singular talent of TJ Watt for 4 years now. Tomlin's soft zones get shredded without TJ.
Even with TJ, two good corners and Tuit and heyward to go with it, he got shredded by any competent OC/QB duo.

Middle line backers have gotten sliced in the pass game for how many years in a row now? 7?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I mean, I doubt Tomlin would be a worse playcaller, just based off chances.

Can't get worse than 12.7 PPG from the offense.

McCarthy will embarrass himself like he does every year. Best overall roster In the league and he constantly underperforms with elite talent.

Literally has the same problems as Tomlin, Two turds.

But only one has gone sub 500. With a prime Aaron Rodgers.

Wonder what embarrassing final play the Dallas season will end on this time? Hard to top 2021 and 2022.

Fire Tomlin sure, but don't bring in another Tomlin, who's just a dumb yinzer.

Fair enough. I never said we should bring in McCarthy though.

The only difference between you and I is I think Tomlin is the worst coach in the league, you think he is but has company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad