OT: The PittsburghER Thread: Steelers Win AFC North | Go Oregon Ducks!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Ike Taylor should never play another down again for us. I know Troy is starting and feel weird saying this, but don't think he should be in there either, given how well Allen has played the past few weeks.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Ike Taylor should never play another down again for us. I know Troy is starting and feel weird saying this, but don't think he should be in there either, given how well Allen has played the past few weeks.

Yet another mistake Tomlin is making. I love Troy but he is clearly done as a player. I really hope he retires after the season.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I think Troy should definitly start, Will Allen is garbage, a 50 year old Troy is better then Allen.

Troy can't cover anymore. The one thing Troy excelled at was being a rover. Mentally he is still good to go but physically you can see he has fallen way off of what he is used to. Even his tackling ability has dropped off a cliff.

Allen isn't great by any stretch of the imagination but i'll take him over a depleted Polamalu nowadays.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Last I checked he was listed as probable on the injury report.

The only thing I relate to Taylor and the word "probable" is that it's probable that he is going to give up two long TD passes in a game.:cry:

The Smiths are pleased with this news.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Troy can't cover anymore. The one thing Troy excelled at was being a rover. Mentally he is still good to go but physically you can see he has fallen way off of what he is used to. Even his tackling ability has dropped off a cliff.

Allen isn't great by any stretch of the imagination but i'll take him over a depleted Polamalu nowadays.

Troy could work as a middle Linebacker attacking the line with his stunts and covering the underneath stuff considering you have Harrison back and doing some of this as an outside linebacker.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Troy could work as a middle Linebacker attacking the line with his stunts and covering the underneath stuff considering you have Harrison back and doing some of this as an outside linebacker.

To be a middle line backer its essential to be sure tackler. Troys' "torpedo" bounce tackling isn't going to cut it there. You can get away with it as a DB but definitely not as a ILB. Another thing the ILB has to be able to do, cover the TE. Troy hasn't shown the ability to do that in quite some time.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
To be a middle line backer its essential to be sure tackler. Troys' "torpedo" bounce tackling isn't going to cut it there. You can get away with it as a DB but definitely not as a ILB. Another thing the ILB has to be able to do, cover the TE. Troy hasn't shown the ability to do that in quite some time.

Understood.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003

based solely on my memory, will allen has been a pretty sure tackler since subbing for troy

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Allen has been better the past couple weeks than Polamalu has all year...but I get why they'd start the semi-dynamic Polamalu over the vanilla Allen. I just hope he does something other than be there today...he hasn't done that in a while.

I'll always love the guy, but I really hope he retires after this year.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I can live with Troy starting. Ike is another story. I've seen Ike get scorched enough by opposing WR's this year to know he's done. It's not that McCain or Blake don't get burned like that too. It's just that they at least catch the damn ball when a QB makes a mistake and throws it right to them. Those two McCain picks were classic examples of balls Ike has dropped over the years.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Harrison could have another one of those 2008-esque games tonight and completely wreck Flaco. Key to victory on offense is to minimize the number of turnovers. That's my main concern with the next-man-up backfield.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
3rd down wins this ball game. We needed Bell to be that guy. This is going to be one tough ball game.

Baltimore/Pittsburgh. Beaut.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Don't turn the ball over. Period. Put the game in the hands of your top players (Ben/Brown) and let them do their thing.

James Harrison is my key to this game. They have an undrafted rookie LT. Harrison has traditionally dominated Baltimore and he could very well do so again.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Hopefully the Troy that will show up will be the one that came up with that great pick six against the Ratbirds in the AFC Championship game years ago.

Troy didn't make any big plays this season. Now is the time to do it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Allen has been better the past couple weeks than Polamalu has all year...but I get why they'd start the semi-dynamic Polamalu over the vanilla Allen. I just hope he does something other than be there today...he hasn't done that in a while.

I'll always love the guy, but I really hope he retires after this year.

Allen the last two weeks has been used differently than Allen before that or Troy before that, sort of as an underneath zone guy, allowing the CB to play off, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad