OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Steelers amazingly going with same Post franchise qb plan the enacted after Bradshaw. That only led to 15 year drought. Unfortunately, we did nothing with Ben for nearly a decade and now just starting to put that plan into place.

Texans look like men........

Ryans is so much ahead of the game than Tomlin and you see it everywhere.
one guy played in the NFL, moved up the ranks naturally, was smart enough to see the potential of another staff member to guide his offense.

the other hires his buddy from ARK ST, brings in matt canada and now arthur smith whose offenses in atlanta were not very good

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I like how much they hyped up Arthur Smith and then couldn't figure out if that was the style of offense they really wanted or if they just hired someone that was pretty decent at it years ago and likely isn't a good fit from the get go.

Or it's still very early and who knows, maybe the 2nd game we will see more from him but to see the same old garbage as last season and years before all of a sudden show up in the first pre-season game, probably not exuding a f***ton of confidence in anyone right now but the bloke should be given at least a few more pre-season games before they can move on pretty quickly and find someone else asap and not squander as much as they did last season.

Reactions: Night Shift

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
At the end of the day, I’m just glad we don’t have Kenny Pickett on the roster anymore. I wonder how much he’s gonna cry when Tanner McKee makes him a 3rd stringer 😂 Eagles fans all love Tanner and think bringing Pickett in was pointless. It’s all just so hilarious.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
one guy played in the NFL, moved up the ranks naturally, was smart enough to see the potential of another staff member to guide his offense.

the other hires his buddy from ARK ST, brings in matt canada and now arthur smith whose offenses in atlanta were not very good
The Texans had 4 straight years of top 10 picks and lucked into Stroud. We haven’t picked 11th since pre ben

• Haha
Reactions: lastcupever75

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I like how much they hyped up Arthur Smith and then couldn't figure out if that was the style of offense they really wanted or if they just hired someone that was pretty decent at it years ago and likely isn't a good fit from the get go.

Or it's still very early and who knows, maybe the 2nd game we will see more from him but to see the same old garbage as last season and years before all of a sudden show up in the first pre-season game, probably not exuding a f***ton of confidence in anyone right now but the bloke should be given at least a few more pre-season games before they can move on pretty quickly and find someone else asap and not squander as much as they did last season.
Nobody shows anything during preseason you do realize that if that was regular season they would’ve called 30 rpo and qb runs with jf. Last night was watching jf play in the pocket and the rookies on o line get real reps.
They will be scrimmaging all week long with the bills you will see stuff they want to run then but nothing on film

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh

Did Kenny Pickett’s perfect QB rating in the preseason make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
The Texans had 4 straight years of top 10 picks and lucked into Stroud. We haven’t picked 11th since pre ben
There was 18 when we traded away our number one pick for Minkah and could have Herbert right now............ Remind of the last time Minkah showed out in a really big way.

Bad owners..........this is the state of the Pittsburgh sports scene right now.

The fact the Steelers still rely on Tomlin looking at the big screen for replay tells you all you need to know. He doesn't have a job, he has hobby that he loves and he makes probably near 20 million per. In WHAT WORLD does an moron like Tomlin deserve 20 MILLION PER???

Reactions: lastcupever75

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
There was 18 when we traded away our number one pick for Minkah and could have Herbert right now............ Remind of the last time Minkah showed out in a really big way.

Bad owners..........this is the state of the Pittsburgh sports scene right now.

The fact the Steelers still rely on Tomlin looking at the big screen for replay tells you all you need to know. He doesn't have a job, he has hobby that he loves and he makes probably near 20 million per. In WHAT WORLD does a moron like Tomlin deserve 20 MILLION PER???
We could not have drafted Herbert

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
We could not have drafted Herbert

Yeah I always love the Herbert argument. Somehow Steelers fans say it was a mistake to send a first for a guy who somehow was solely responsible for an additional 4 wins in one season.

Reactions: T1K

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yeah I always love the Herbert argument. Somehow Steelers fans say it was a mistake to send a first for a guy who somehow was solely responsible for an additional 4 wins in one season.
It’s some incredible mental gymnastics

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
How many was wins was Minkah responsible for last year? Highest paid safety....

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
I'm not predicting an upset, but PSU is gonna have a tougher time than they think when they head to Morgantown for week 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad