OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Oh no! They are 3 and 1. Panic!

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I didn’t like the pick at the draft I don’t see any difference between him and ca3 he is 5-10 180 pounds and can’t play outside so performance base

That's a fair response.

But it's also myopic to pigeon hole players. It's also possible that Roman is better at the existing job than CA3, but I guess we'll never know what goes on in the genius offensive brain that is Mike Tomlin.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Players Austin's size are very rarely every down outside threats in the NFL. Players Wilson's size make it a lot more often.

Also I believe Tomlin has said Fields is preparing to start vs Vegas? Not what I expected at all but great opportunity for him.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Players Austin's size are very rarely every down outside threats in the NFL. Players Wilson's size make it a lot more often.

Also I believe Tomlin has said Fields is preparing to start vs Vegas? Not what I expected at all but great opportunity for him.
Wilson couldn’t beat press in college
Not surprised Wilson hasn’t practiced a full week will be Qb2 and could play after halftime if Fields doesn’t play better

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Weird, as TomlinDaddyFan told me that Jefferson is fine and they have plenty of guys who get open.

Guys were open against Dallas. I was excited about getting Aiyuk this didn’t happen. Now I want Kirk from Jacksonsvill or Dhop. Sign Higgins in fa if they don’t trade for wr 2

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA

Guys were open against Dallas. I was excited about getting Aiyuk this didn’t happen. Now I want Kirk from Jacksonsvill or Dhop. Sign Higgins in fa if they don’t trade for wr 2
Continuing to say the same things over and over don't make them true. There's literal statistical proof the Steelers are the worst team in the league at getting open and no one else is even close but you still deny the obvious since you want to blame Fields since admitting you're wrong is not in your playbook.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Curious little detail that may mean something or may mean nothing -

Very first play they run towards a Pickens block. Kind of weird if the game plan was "don't use Pickens as a blocker". Wonder if that was a test to see what his attitude was like that game.
I don't know, it's an option play. Either hand it off to Najee or the QB keeps it and goes right. I didn't count or anything but I'd say they had equal amount of plays designed his way vs. him being the backside blocker.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Continuing to say the same things over and over don't make them true. There's literal statistical proof the Steelers are the worst team in the league at getting open and no one else is even close but you still deny the obvious since you want to blame Fields since admitting you're wrong is not in your playbook.

There’s video evidence from the cowboys game people were open and missed. Fields can not read a defense struggles with touch and intermediate passes, he has 50 nfl starts and 2 300 yard games
Separation is measured at the catch point in most cases

Last edited:

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
There’s video evidence from the cowboys game people were open and missed. Fields can not read a defense struggles with touch and intermediate passes, he has 50 nfl starts and 2 300 yard games
Separation is measured at the catch point in most cases

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”​

― George Orwell, 1984

• Love
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

From a YT commenter. Can't disagree:

Yeah, I don't get why more people don't realize this. WRs who play here risk literally millions of dollars on their next contract because it's impossible to put up meaningful stats in our Stone Age offense.

They have every right to be pissed off, especially if they didn't make the choice to come here in the first place.

We keep labelling WRs that come through here as malcontents and divas and never seem to ask ourselves why every single #1 WR that we get seems to always turn into that.

If all the other variables have changed and you're still getting the same results....you need to start asking yourself if YOU are the problem.

We can go trade or draft whomever you want, but you can bet your ass they'll end up in the same boat if we can't employ an offense that gives them opportunities.

But the “discussion” starts and ends with who would want to play in the Steelers’ offense?

Trade for Aiyuk? Adams??

Might as well just light those draft picks on fire.

And who gives a rip if Russ Wilson or Justin Fields is the starting qb.

There is literally NO qb walking planet earth capable of making Tomlin’s offense remotely functional.

And it’s not just an us problem, it’s a them problem.

Have y’all watched any other football games?

NOTHING will change until Tomlin and Art 2 ride off into the sunset and a 180 approach to running a once proud franchise is undertaken.

Reactions: MrBrightside

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Yeah, I don't get why more people don't realize this. WRs who play here risk literally millions of dollars on their next contract because it's impossible to put up meaningful stats in our Stone Age offense.

They have every right to be pissed off, especially if they didn't make the choice to come here in the first place.

We keep labelling WRs that come through here as malcontents and divas and never seem to ask ourselves why every single #1 WR that we get seems to always turn into that.

If all the other variables have changed and you're still getting the same results....you need to start asking yourself if YOU are the problem.

We can go trade or draft whomever you want, but you can bet your ass they'll end up in the same boat if we can't employ an offense that gives them opportunities.

But the “discussion” starts and ends with who would want to play in the Steelers’ offense?

Trade for Aiyuk? Adams??

There is literally NO qb walking planet earth capable of making Tomlin’s offense remotely functional.

NOTHING will change until Tomlin and Art 2 ride off into the sunset and a 180 approach to running a once proud franchise is undertaken.
7 did heck we saw 4 weeks with Mason. Pickens lead the league in yac last season.
Most Wr especially good ones are diva because they feed their families based on targets and what they do with them. There’s no reason why GP isn’t getting Nappers and DK targets. I believe if Tomlin trusted Fields we wouldn’t be averaging 27 passes a game we would be closer to 35 especially with a real wr 2
muth can say trust the coaches when he isn’t getting targets because he got his 12 million a year

Reactions: TooManyHumans

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Trade for Aiyuk? Adams??

I'm actually not sure I agree with that being the issue. I think the issue is that Tomlin either doesn't see the need to keep these guys in line or doesn't know how to do it. Case in point, AB was a diva even though Ben was slinging the ball around at that time.

And to be fair, it comes with the position to a certain extent. I mean, Lamb was just chirping his own QB even though the Cowboys have the second most passing attempts and the second most passing yards.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Sometimes it feels like Tomlin doesn't want the offense to be good. Like he wants to win every game 13-3 with the defense scoring the lone touchdown. It's not just an outdated football mindset that you can have long term success without a big time offense if you just put together a dominant defense, it's batshit crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad