GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Football, does their season ever end?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I am ok with that. Tomlin praised the new o line coach last night Canada stopped calling outside zone and went to the duo combo running game north and south. I think Green will work with dawson and others to speed up his hands. If they draft cross in round 1 kick Moore to lg and Doctson to RG chuks at RT or sign a real LG to be the vet if you like more at LT.

Okafor is an UFA and hopefully won't be back.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I'm not 100% sure Ben is done playing yet. Some team next year not named the Steelers may have a couple of injuries at QB may look at Ben. Ben may consider. Ben goes to said team weeks into the season. Stranger things have happened.

It be hilarious if it was the Ravens.
No way does he play elsewhere after last night

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Ben definitely didn’t help himself being a douche bag and possibly a predator, but shit like Ray Lewis being portrayed by the media as some Jesus loving role model makes me vomit.

Not only was he allegedly responsible for covering up the murders of two young guys (or possibly doing them himself), he was a woman beater that rivaled Jim Brown.

Do some research on what he did in college to a few women and it will turn your stomach, most especially the pregnant one.

interesting. first time i've read that about ray ray.
post a link, i'd like to read it

I do remember hearing God's linebacker has 5 kids with 4 different woman.
must have missed that scripture in masses I attended

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
the covid game where he was set to be off the list and the back up practices all week to be ready and play and he takes that away from him is what a shit leader does. It's what he is. A shit person.
he is a shit person overall I won't ever argue that, but doing everything in his power to keep his teammates from experiencing Mason Rudolph as their QB is probably the best leadership he's ever displayed.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
interesting. first time i've read that about ray ray.
post a link, i'd like to read it
I do remember hearing God's linebacker has 5 kids with 4 different woman.
must have missed that scripture in masses I attended
Incidents happened in the 90s and got swept under the rug, and Interwebs was just firing up then to so info is harder to find.

His son also had assault charges against him so that muddles the queries even more.

However, this sums it up pretty well from what I remember back then:

Ravens' Lewis is denied bail in Atlanta slayings; Limo driver allegedly told police that Lewis did not stab victims 'Wrong place, wrong time'

Lewis has long been a lover of the night life and is no stranger to the law. At the University of Miami, he twice was investigated by Coral Gables police after allegations of battery. Each incident involved a woman pregnant with his child. Lewis was not arrested or charged in either incident.

The first incident took place Oct. 9, 1994, when McCall accused Lewis of pushing her, striking her in the face and putting his hands around her throat during an argument.

McCall, pregnant with Ray Anthony Lewis III at the time, was Lewis' girlfriend and a student at Miami. She told police she went to Lewis' dorm room to get a necklace and two videotapes, then became involved in an argument when he said he didn't have the second tape. The incident was classified as a misdemeanor simple battery.
McCall declined to press charges.

The second investigation took place after a Sept. 12, 1995, incident in which ex-girlfriend Kimberlie Arnold said Lewis grabbed her shoulder during an argument, shook her and scratched her arm. Arnold, also a student at Miami, went home to Atlanta to recover. According to the Miami Herald, she also complained that police tried to protect Lewis.

After a four-month investigation, the Miami-Dade state's attorney's office concluded that it did not have sufficient evidence to pursue the case.
Lewis has run into legal problems in Maryland, too, but yesterday a Baltimore County prosecutor said he would likely drop assault charges filed against Lewis after an alleged shoving match in a Woodlawn bar Nov. 30.

A Baltimore woman said Lewis struck her in the face with his fist, causing her to fall against the bar.

He found Jesus though or something so it’s all good.

Then you have nonsense like this:

Ray Lewis: “There is no comparison between me and Ray Rice”

he was personally upset by seeing Rice punch his wife. Lewis said he has tried to be a mentor to Rice.
“I’m disappointed. This is personal for me so I’m torn because this is a guy, a young man, that I really took under my wing and tried to mentor,” Lewis said.

Imagine a guy who assaulted three women mentoring a young man and that young man KOing his lady.

Inconceivable.

No mention of RayRay’s assaults and him pretending like he was this pious cat who never did anything like that.

Last edited:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Johnson has had a fantastic season

He has put up stats and has fixed his drops. That being said, I don't think Johnson is an AB type of game breaker where Ben was able to go to AB no matter what in any situation and AB could make a play. I just don't have that same faith in Johnson whatsoever, and that begins and ends with him just flat out giving up on plays.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
He has put up stats and has fixed his drops. That being said, I don't think Johnson is an AB type of game breaker where Ben was able to go to AB no matter what in any situation and AB could make a play. I just don't have that same faith in Johnson whatsoever, and that begins and ends with him just flat out giving up on plays.

I don’t think it’s a fair comparison as AB is a HOF talent. Johnson is a really good receiver and I’d go as far to say he’s AB-lite, but he doesn’t really have that “alpha” in him as it stands today. I’m interested to see what happens with our QB situation next year because someone like Rodgers could maybe help him get to the next level.

Johnson is a top 5 route runner in the league, IMO. Jefferson, Diggs, Adams, and Kupp are the only guys I think are ahead of him from that standpoint.

Last edited:

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Just be care about posting alleged events please and thanks. Its a fine line with the forum rules. I personally dont have any issues, as long as you guys are being respectful to each other and not being idiots about it, but other mods might feel differently.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Just be care about posting alleged events please and thanks. Its a fine line with the forum rules. I personally dont have any issues, as long as you guys are being respectful to each other and not being idiots about it, but other mods might feel differently.

This should help lend some credence to the Roth stuff if that’s what you meant:

Ben Roethlisberger has to deal with the price of fame

he has simultaneously earned a reputation for sometimes boorish behavior on the Pittsburgh nightlife scene. Stories abound about a young man who refuses to pay cover charges, is aloof to fans and is petulant to bartenders, who consistently describe him as a customer lacking in courtesy and manners.

"I have been stunned at the number of people who have come up to me, out of the blue, and said 'What's up with Ben Roethlisberger? He's such a jerk,' " said former KDKA-TV sports anchor John Steigerwald.

One of the places where he has refused to pay to enter is the Cabana Bar in Pine, which he has frequented since moving to the North Hills in 2006.

His argument -- which is undoubtedly true -- is his presence will drive other patrons to the bar, but some chafe at his demands for special treatment.

"I hate even to have to root for the Steelers when he's the quarterback," said bar owner Mark Baranowski. "Appreciate the people -- don't think you're above them all. It really makes me sick."

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
he is a shit person overall I won't ever argue that, but doing everything in his power to keep his teammates from experiencing Mason Rudolph as their QB is probably the best leadership he's ever displayed.
All he did was push everything back a year Mason still potentially starting next year

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
With what, his last home game being an amazing 60 rating?

1 more game.

Reactions: domaug

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Come on, I think we would all be stuck up jerks if we were a two-time Super Bowl champion quarterback, looking down at all the lowly peasants working their 9-5 jobs. Just like how us normies all look down on all the other sub-humans. I mean, we've all done it. Stepping over the homeless as if they're not even there, murdering hookers to make ourselves feel like God, staring ahead in traffic acting like you don't know the person next to you is desperately trying to merge before their lane ends, telling toddlers Santa isn't real. You know, every day stuff...

Or maybe my family and friends are right, and I'm just the asshole....

Reactions: domaug and Pens x

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
This should help lend some credence to the Roth stuff if that’s what you meant:

Ben Roethlisberger has to deal with the price of fame

I don't doubt those are true. Then I think if I was in my 20's and a 2x SB champion if I wouldn't be arrogant as well. Not taking him off the hook here by any stretch. But since 2010 and his 4 game suspension, what exactly has he done to remain hated? What has Ben done that screams "this dude is a dick" or "that's poor leadership" since then?

By all accounts he's settled down, married, has kids and stopped all the nonsense. America loves a good redemption story and the media does too. But why hasn't he been given that?

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I don't doubt those are true. Then I think if I was in my 20's and a 2x SB champion if I wouldn't be arrogant as well. Not taking him off the hook here by any stretch. But since 2010 and his 4 game suspension, what exactly has he done to remain hated? What has Ben done that screams "this dude is a dick" or "that's poor leadership" since then?

By all accounts he's settled down, married, has kids and stopped all the nonsense. America loves a good redemption story and the media does too. But why hasn't he been given that?

I’ve only heard great things about Crosby, and he’s a distant cousin to my wife, so I’ve heard more than enough things about him through that route and through the hockey communities I’m involved in.

I know many people who have direct contact with Crosby everyday, and by their accounts he is a good and very kind cat.

So it is possible to stay humble and kind when you are a mega star, but I also heard Roth was a dick in college from a few people who went to MU (I went to U of Dayton so know a lot of ppl from the area).

So it seems like he was a jerk long before he was successful in the NFL. NFL success seemed to amplify his boorish personality.

I agree he seemed to change some as he settled down or at least I haven’t heard anything negative about him in awhile.

How woman beater/murderer RayRay became some Jesus mentor type among the media and Roth stayed labeled as the scumbag is highly questionable, but I honestly don’t waste much time worrying about it.

Last edited:

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
It's a good thing I'm a weirdo who actually enjoys watching great defensive players better than great offensive plays. I enjoy sacks more than touchdowns for some strange reason. My only hope for this season is Watt breaks the sack record and wins DPOTY.

I think it was more about both qb’s being subpar rather than great defense on display.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Talking about positional needs is pointless until the Steelers change the Colbert & Tomlin regime.

They had an HOF QB, with the best WR and a very good RB and they barely sniffed out 3 ugly playoff wins in over a decade.

Does anyone really think this is a roster issue (yes, the roster is a problem as well...lol).

Tomlin is a fraud, as is Colbert without Cowher. Too many fans buy into the Storied BLACK & GOLD narrative to see the LARP that this organization has become.

Their 8 win total is a disaster for the franchise. The frauds will sell this as evidence of how close they are to competing. Anyone with an astute eye knows that the win total is a mirage.

I'll still watch, when convenient. But I won't invest one iota of emotion until this regime is gone. But I also realize that Art2 is making a sole hire next time, and that guy (or girl...don't discount this idea for social justice) could be an even bigger disaster than Mikey T.

Good thing I took up fishing this year.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Talking about positional needs is pointless until the Steelers change the Colbert & Tomlin regime.

They had an HOF QB, with the best WR and a very good RB and they barely sniffed out 3 ugly playoff wins in over a decade.

Does anyone really think this is a roster issue (yes, the roster is a problem as well...lol).

Tomlin is a fraud, as is Colbert without Cowher. Too many fans buy into the Storied BLACK & GOLD narrative to see the LARP that this organization has become.

Their 8 win total is a disaster for the franchise. The frauds will sell this as evidence of how close they are to competing. Anyone with an astute eye knows that the win total is a mirage.

I'll still watch, when convenient. But I won't invest one iota of emotion until this regime is gone. But I also realize that Art2 is making a sole hire next time, and that guy (or girl...don't discount this idea for social justice) could be an even bigger disaster than Mikey T.

Ben AB and Bell played in one playoff game together. Ben in those 3 wins had a combined 3 tds. Bens 28 interceptions in the playoffs are tough for any team to over come
The fact that this team who lost a ton of talent before the season because Covid killed the cap and it’s highest paid defensive player Haden missed 4 games Tuitt didn’t play

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Ben AB and Bell played in one playoff game together. Ben in those 3 wins had a combined 3 tds. Bens 28 interceptions in the playoffs are tough for any team to over come
The fact that this team who lost a ton of talent before the season because Covid killed the cap and it’s highest paid defensive player Haden missed 4 games Tuitt didn’t play

Tuitt was never reliable, and yet they gave him a monster contract. It's the get-along gang......everyone is happy with mediocrity.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Boy, I wonder why Bell wasn't available for many playoff games....it's because he got his wheels run off during the RS.

It's almost like there's a common theme during Tomlin's tenure

Reactions: pistolpete11

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Tomlin won with Cowher's guys. Once those guys left, Tomlin could never win when it counted. It's really that simple.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Tomlin won with Cowher's guys. Once those guys left, Tomlin could never win when it counted. It's really that simple.

People really overlook that it was not just Cowher's players, but also Lebeau and Arians were both great football minds that helped hide that Tomlin was a rah rah fraud and was a poor Xs and Os guy.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad