OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 5 and 2 Justin who? Hand the Fields to Wilson

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Pitt. National Champions. :laugh:.

I know you guys aren't used to being in this position, but at least wait until you beat somebody ranked before you start talking shit.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pitt is 7-0 and just dismantled a pretty good 5-1 Syracuse. They're absolutely championship contenders in the sense of "they can make the college football playoffs".

Do I expect them to win a national championship? Hell no, but a top-15 team (most likely) that's 7-0 on the year absolutely looks like a team that will challenge to be in the new CFP format.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm just hoping Pitt and Penn State can somehow be a matchup in the college football playoffs. Would be a terrific game that actually seems fairly reasonable as a possibility. Unless either team starts falling off, I figure that Penn State would be a higher ranked team without a bye (so 5 or 6) while Pitt would be one of the lower ranked teams (so 11 or 12). I could definitely see that being a 1st round matchup of something like #6 PSU vs #11 Pitt.

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
I'm just hoping Pitt and Penn State can somehow be a matchup in the college football playoffs. Would be a terrific game that actually seems fairly reasonable as a possibility. Unless either team starts falling off, I figure that Penn State would be a higher ranked team without a bye (so 5 or 6) while Pitt would be one of the lower ranked teams (so 11 or 12). I could definitely see that being a 1st round matchup of something like #6 PSU vs #11 Pitt.
:biglaugh:

Learn football, kid. Or simply stick to hockey.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I mean PSU enabled, covered up, for decades, a serial child predator. Imagine getting excited for a program that allowed a monster to rape children ON campus.
You believe that huh?? And you probably also wonder why the country is in the crapper as well? You believe everything the black box tells you ... It was evil JOE PA.. he's responsible. All the while, the people really doing the damage living as elites in NY got away free and clear. LOOK... a shiny balloon... get outraged.

Reactions: Pengwins

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Not sure if you are serious about little Dan has been awesome at drafting. This team has sucked at drafting for a while now. The 2024 draft has been a complete disaster so far.

Little Dan isn't doing the drafting - Weidl is, but having a football guy back at the helm will be huge for the organization. The 2024 class has been hurt. How is that on the GM?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Art2 is just a face.

images

Yeah, I can see it

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
You believe that huh?? And you probably also wonder why the country is in the crapper as well? You believe everything the black box tells you ... It was evil JOE PA.. he's responsible. All the while, the people really doing the damage living as elites in NY got away free and clear. LOOK... a shiny balloon... get outraged.

Saddam Hussein you mean.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Pitt is a great story. Period.

I have no clue why Penn State always enters these discussions. From both sides. But, especially, Penn State people have zero reasons for engaging. I like Pitt, growing up in this area, but I freely admit that Penn State has had the more successful time of it for a long time and to engage in back and forth is like a pro basketball player celebrating dunking on a high school girl.

The two teams ended the yearly rivalry literally generations ago. What has it been? Approaching half a century?

Fans of both sides need to come to that realization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad