OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 5 and 2 Justin who? Hand the Fields to Wilson

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Pitt. National Champions. :laugh:.

I know you guys aren't used to being in this position, but at least wait until you beat somebody ranked before you start talking shit.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pitt is 7-0 and just dismantled a pretty good 5-1 Syracuse. They're absolutely championship contenders in the sense of "they can make the college football playoffs".

Do I expect them to win a national championship? Hell no, but a top-15 team (most likely) that's 7-0 on the year absolutely looks like a team that will challenge to be in the new CFP format.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
I’m sure you crossed Penn State off your championship contender list after they barely beat Bowling Green.

But they beat Kent State...

These big college programs should stop playing punching bag schools.

Big 10 schools should only play other Big 10 schools. Same with the SEC, etc.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm just hoping Pitt and Penn State can somehow be a matchup in the college football playoffs. Would be a terrific game that actually seems fairly reasonable as a possibility. Unless either team starts falling off, I figure that Penn State would be a higher ranked team without a bye (so 5 or 6) while Pitt would be one of the lower ranked teams (so 11 or 12). I could definitely see that being a 1st round matchup of something like #6 PSU vs #11 Pitt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad