Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - season begins!

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
1729963881782.png

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did we ever find out if Bastian was a healthy scratch to get MacDermid in there? Or was he potentially banged up and one of the guys Keefe was talking about who may not be able to go and that they’ll dress extras for in warmups?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They said healthy scratch.
GROSS!

Rempe gets sent back to the AHL and MacDermid gets put in the very next game for the first time in like 10 games. YUCK!

And MacDermid was only brought in here because of Rempe in the first place lol.

That's why I don't complain about Bastian, because he's still eons better than MacDermid.

McDuffz88

Smoke the Keefe
Sep 18, 2019
Move Doug Hamilton for a team light on a D man if his jump does not improve. He is 31 and I would hate to see him at 32. Early season other GMs will look to add D to prevent a wasted season.
Moving Dougie is definitely the move. We need to move on from him before it's well known around the league that he lost a step. Ideally I would love to grab a good 3c or top 6 forward for him. That would be ideal. Palat unfortunately we're stuck with until he retires or we buy him out, there's no getting out of that one. That's the only real weakness on this team I'm seeing and defense is now our position of strength. It's real stupid to have Nemec riding the bench.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Moving Dougie is definitely the move. We need to move on from him before it's well known around the league that he lost a step. Ideally I would love to grab a good 3c or top 6 forward for him. That would be ideal. Palat unfortunately we're stuck with until he retires or we buy him out, there's no getting out of that one. That's the only real weakness on this team I'm seeing and defense is now our position of strength. It's real stupid to have Nemec riding the bench.
I wouldn't be so sure we're stuck with Palat.

We've seen worse contracts moved. We just might have to give up something of value to get rid of him.

He does have some limited no trade or something which kicks in next year, so that makes it harder.

And the fact that he has just one measly assist in 10 games is not a good pace for him if that doesn't pick up A LOT. It probably will a little bit, I can't see him only scoring 8 points this year if he plays 82 games, but it could still be ugly.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
GROSS!

Rempe gets sent back to the AHL and MacDermid gets put in the very next game for the first time in like 10 games. YUCK!

And MacDermid was only brought in here because of Rempe in the first place lol.

That's why I don't complain about Bastian, because he's still eons better than MacDermid.

MacDermid generated an energy change. We got a PP. And then I think we got a goal soon after. In that instance, I actually felt MacDermid brought something helpful. Haha.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Again, this schedule is nonsense.

I'm not gonna blame it on going to Prague.

The other team that went to Prague with us entered today having played 3 fewer games than we have,

Reactions: My3Sons

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
They said healthy scratch.
Weird scratch on back to backs. You know you might not be able to get many shifts out of macdermid. Sure enough he screws up on the one goal and is pretty much done. And keefe has the nerve to blame the schedule for the loss post game

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Dougie hasn't played hockey in over a year. When he was, he was a force. He's always been slow, I'm not noticing a huge drop off in his speed. He was always slow. I'll give hive some leeway before saying he needs to be gone. He'll probably be gone anyways one way or another in like 2 years with all the young guys we have. I'd like to see him with someone other than Dillon also.

Reactions: youryeah

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad