OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Why? How many pro defenses has Kenny seen? How much time has he spent with the first team? Who is likely to pick up an offense more quickly, a guy with years in the league or a rookie? It’s a grass is greener type of thinking that simply isn’t grounded in anything but a hope
Well Kenny spent a year in an actual pro system and ran the Canada offense as a freshman even though Canada wasn’t at Pittsburgh anymore. Kenny just has to be jones or Tua he doesn’t have to crack the top 10 for this offense to vastly improve. He throws with anticipation and understands how to go through progressions

Reactions: Andy99

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
MT has always been very poor at reading defenses, that’s why I hated the signing.

Never understood why anyone thought he could suddenly fulfill his promise. He has a fatal QB flaw.

He and Canada together are poison to this offense, but I still expect a win today because Jets are playing like the Jets.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
MT has always been very poor at reading defenses, that’s why I hated the signing.

Never understood why anyone thought he could suddenly fulfill his promise. He has a fatal QB flaw.

He and Canada together are poison to this offense, but I still expect a win today because Jets are playing like the Jets.
Im sure someone did, but i dont think many thought he would suddenly fullfill his potential.

I was hoping for general competence, which by the looks of it was asking a bit too much.

When combined with finger paint playbook has been a dumpster fire full of adult diapers.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Is it wrong to wish for a Steelers loss tomorrow as a fan? I think “staying the course“ as Tomlin is inclined to do is an obvious fail…we need some changes lol
Even if they lose to the Jets he’s going to stay the course brah. I think people need to realize another thing about Tomlin pulling the plug on Trubisky for Pickett. It makes him look wrong…he’s to arrogant to do that

Reactions: Andy99

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Im sure someone did, but i dont think many thought he would suddenly fullfill his potential.

I was hoping for general competence, which by the looks of it was asking a bit too much.

When combined with finger paint playbook has been a dumpster fire full of adult diapers.

There were a number of people who believed that, but I’m not going to call them out by name or anything silly.

It was even worse with people I knew, heard on sports talk, etc

I assume they didn’t watch MT much, and bought into him somehow absorbing Josh Allen’s mojo by being his backup.

But ya, I expected like, Fitzpatrick level QBing.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
That report from Florio basically that that everyone but Tomlin wants Pickett to start, but Tomlin loves Trubisky and is being patient with him. I find that rumor rather unbelievable.
The only credible report out there is the report that Glazer put out (because that means it came directly from Tomlin himself) and that said that Tomlin wants Pickett to sit the entire year. Whether or not every other person in the organization wants Pickett in I have no idea, but Tomlin wants to roll with Mitch the entire season

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
The line has been good enough where I’m fine with KP playing. Maybe wait until after this stretch of brutal games and the bye though.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Talk about burying your head in the sand. What have you been watching the last decade???

How is is not? How many coaches have been with a team this long and failed to groom any younger guys for head coaching jobs? He finds these creatures from the backwoods or old friends that pose no threat to him.
He's probably the most underperforming coach of all time when he has actual talent, but I watched him go 8-8 with Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges also. He's a complete enigma of a coach, and it is why I wouldn't consider him an upper echelon coach. An upper echelon coach can get star players to buy in and win (Belichick, Reid, McVay). I don't agree with how Tomlin runs his coordinators, but I found the Flores hiring encouraging.

Overall, I'm not a Tomlin fan, but I also remember people running Jamie Dixon out of Pitt, and a lot of long time Pitt fans warning those fans that sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. I don't see guy out there who is a marked improvement on Tomlin. Some may say Flores, but Flores didn't have an easy ride in Miami and made some enemies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He's probably the most underperforming coach of all time when he has actual talent, but I watched him go 8-8 with Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges also. He's a complete enigma of a coach, and it is why I wouldn't consider him an upper echelon coach. An upper echelon coach can get star players to buy in and win (Belichick, Reid, McVay). I don't agree with how Tomlin runs his coordinators, but I found the Flores hiring encouraging.

Overall, I'm not a Tomlin fan, but I also remember people running Jamie Dixon out of Pitt, and a lot of long time Pitt fans warning those fans that sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. I don't see guy out there who is a marked improvement on Tomlin. Some may say Flores, but Flores didn't have an easy ride in Miami and made some enemies.
The devil you know theory has led us to a decade long run of futility. It was probably time to move on after the Tebow playoff loss in 2015, and at the very latest, immediately after the Jacksonville playoff debacle.

Keeping Tomlin around because we are afraid of who will replace him is ridiculous. The dude accomplished nothing with Bell, Ben and Brown. He’s still here because the Steelers like to pretend it’s the 1970s, and the fact that organization implemented the Rooney rule.

The team has stuck with him for no other reason.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
The line has been good enough where I’m fine with KP playing. Maybe wait until after this stretch of brutal games and the bye though.
If Lenny Pickett is the supposed future franchise guy and is as good as a lot of people here think he is, then why do they need to wait until after the stretch of hard games to let him play? I mean if he’s what people think he is, the guy is going to have to go against Josh Allen eventually, so what’s the point in waiting?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
My god, the Jets offense looks as bad as the Steelers…this game is going to be boring as f**k lol

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
38vt7f843fr91.jpg

Lmao yinzer trash spotted at the game :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: JTG

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It was a tough catch by DJ…the point as the analyst stated was that the Jets came with a different defense and dropped the D lineman and Mitch didn’t see it, or if he did shouldn’t have thrown it there…thus, the throw was high…DJ is short…those saying “well it hit his hands, he should have had it” aren’t seeing the whole picture

• Haha
Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
It was a tough catch by DJ…the point as the analyst stated was that the Jets came with a different defense and dropped the D lineman and Mitch didn’t see it, or if he did shouldn’t have thrown it there…thus, the throw was high…DJ is short…those saying “well it hit his hands, he should have had it” aren’t seeing the whole picture
It hit him in his hands, he should have had it.

Don't give a f**** about your narrative. That's on Diontae.

• Wow
Reactions: dogthateats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad