OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Exactly. Tomlin will work his way out of this. And one top of it, when he does, he again did it without Ben, which flies in the face of his detractors.
Talk about burying your head in the sand. What have you been watching the last decade???

I agree, I think it is an interesting part of his career.

But, the data shows that a pronounced coaching tree is not verification of a successful NFL head coach.
How is is not? How many coaches have been with a team this long and failed to groom any younger guys for head coaching jobs? He finds these creatures from the backwoods or old friends that pose no threat to him.

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It would actually be impressive if he did worse in his next job.

He could move into a QB coaching role like he had before Tomlin idiotically promoted him.

Not like anyone in the public would know if he was doing a terrible job.

Is anyone blaming Mike Sullivan for MT right now?

Good work if you can land it.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yeah leading a middle of the pack offense in scoring with while breaking in a new QB new o line so he could definitely do worse
Aren’t the Steelers 31st in offensive yards per game?

Buckle up for when we play actual good teams.

Last edited:

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Aren’t the Steelers 31st in offensive yards per game?

Buckle up for when we play actual good teams.
Yeah but 19th in points scored. I honestly think this is MT last start. Buffalo just put up 500 yards and scored 17 points against Miami so yards are over rated lol

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Is it wrong to wish for a Steelers loss tomorrow as a fan? I think “staying the course“ as Tomlin is inclined to do is an obvious fail…we need some changes lol

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yeah but 19th in points scored. I honestly think this is MT last start. Buffalo just put up 500 yards and scored 17 points against Miami so yards are over rated lol

I thought Mitch was supposed to be a better fit for Canada’s crap system though? Mitch is supposedly mobile, unlike Ben and KP. I was told Ben’s lack of mobility was the reason why Canada’s system was garbage last year too.

But Mitch has run almost as infrequently as Big Ben through first three games this year compared to last season.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Is it wrong to wish for a Steelers loss tomorrow as a fan? I think “staying the course“ as Tomlin is inclined to do is an obvious fail…we need some changes lol

I saw a report from Florio that Trubisky is on thin ice right now and if he has a bad half Pickett might replace him. I don’t know how reputable he is anymore.

I feel like they’ll have a decent offensive performance and we’ll be stuck with the status quo until the bye week though.

Reactions: Andy99

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I honestly think if we went 1-16, we’d stay the course. Maybe we would “fire” a coach or two - you know, the Steelers definition of firing - not re-signing some idiot.

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I honestly think if we went 1-16, we’d stay the course. Maybe we would “fire” a coach or two - you know, the Steelers not re-signing some idiot.
Tomlin’s obtuse but not THAT obtuse…

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I saw a report from Florio that Trubisky is on thin ice right now and if he has a bad half Pickett might replace him. I don’t know how reputable he is anymore.

Maybe speculation rather than a report. Even if they are considering it and even if they leaked it to Florio, I find it hard to believe they would tie themselves to such a specific.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That report from Florio basically that that everyone but Tomlin wants Pickett to start, but Tomlin loves Trubisky and is being patient with him. I find that rumor rather unbelievable.

Ya, pretty sure if Rooney really wanted KP in, he’d be in, no matter what Tomlin wants.

Not a good idea to piss off the only owner in the league who gives you a lifetime job over MT.

Reactions: Pens x

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Ya, pretty sure if Rooney really wanted KP in, he’d be in, no matter what Tomlin wants.

Not a good idea to piss off the only owner in the league who gives you a lifetime job over MT.
Yeah it’s more likely Tomlin made a promise that no matter what MT was getting x number of games as starter

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I think the whole reasoning behind not starting Kenny was he’d get destroyed because of the offensive line. That’s not happening, but coach jackass already committed to Mitch before the god dam season even started.

Reactions: lastcupever75

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
There’s very little reason to think Kenny is going to do much better than Mitch at this point. There’s not much to gain playing him

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
There’s very little reason to think Kenny is going to do much better than Mitch at this point. There’s not much to gain playing him

Uh, why?

Sure, Canada is a problem, but I imagine Pickett can read a defense substantially better than Trubisky. Trubisky has been horrid so far. Even with Canada's playcalling, Pickett would actually be able to identify open receivers.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Uh, why?

Sure, Canada is a problem, but I imagine Pickett can read a defense substantially better than Trubisky. Trubisky has been horrid so far. Even with Canada's playcalling, Pickett would actually be able to identify open receivers.

Why? How many pro defenses has Kenny seen? How much time has he spent with the first team? Who is likely to pick up an offense more quickly, a guy with years in the league or a rookie? It’s a grass is greener type of thinking that simply isn’t grounded in anything but a hope

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Why? How many pro defenses has Kenny seen? How much time has he spent with the first team? Who is likely to pick up an offense more quickly, a guy with years in the league or a rookie? It’s a grass is greener type of thinking that simply isn’t grounded in anything but a hope

So Kenny would be worse because we don't know how Kenny would do?

We know Trubisky sucks. He's absolutely incapable of reading defenses and keeps his eyes locked on his primary targets. Just watch these clips from last week:

Trubisky telegraphs every single pass here because he's absolutely atrocious at going through his progressions. Trubisky is ass and trying to say "Pickett would be just as bad!" is just being a contrarian troll.

Saying Trubisky would be better than Pickett because "he's had years in the league!" is like saying that Duck Hodges would be better than Pickett because "he has years in the league". Why would any team play any rookies ever if these veterans can grasp the offense better?

Reactions: xlm34

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
By the way, I'm not acting like Pickett would somehow save this team either. They're a heavily flawed and mediocre team regardless of who is starting for them, unless they somehow traded for Rodgers and Watt stayed healthy all year. But I will absolutely not condone someone defending Trubisky by saying "Pickett would be doing just as bad!". Trubisky is horrendously bad. He doesn't have a good arm, he doesn't have good accuracy, he doesn't go through his progressions well and he's scared of making mistakes.

It's unfathomable that Pickett wouldn't be better because Trubisky has been horrid so far. Trubisky is a backup caliber QB who's playing to keep his job instead of playing to win. He's terrified of making mistakes and losing his spot, so he's doing absolutely nothing to push the play and help the team win. Rudolph in that 2019 season with Ben injured was better than Trubisky has been so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad