OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Okay. Do you apologize for flying off the handle and misinterpreting what I said? You come down yet?

If so, we're even.

I think Bowles is a better coach than Tomlin. I think many coaches are better than Tomlin. But I don't think Tomlin is the be-all-end-all of the Steelers' mediocrity. The scapegoating on here is just human nature. Internet forums need scapegoats.

Fair enough, I just get touchy about being falsely accused of things I didn't do or didn't mean

I appreciate your effort to make peace

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
The worst prime time game I can remember watching the Steelers play was that monsoon game in Miami.

Trubisky vs Brissett could top it.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I'm indifferent on Tomlin, I do think his race plays a bit of a role in how he is viewed, but I certainly don't view the Steelers as some amazing organization that he is holding back.

And I think Tomlin could be successful here again and may even win a SB. He's neither great nor terrible, moreso in the middle. His biggest issue in my opinion is hiring inadequate assistants (until Flores).
so explain to me that its his race that play a bit of a role as oppose to all other black coaches that have been ridiculed, fired and made scapegoats for the last 10 years...Tomlin's tefflon status is one of those things that he has undeniable charismam that especially national reportes that follow Steelers superficially fall for. This notion that Tomlin gets a pass is because he is black is not only incorrect, but also...whatever I am tired of this shit

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Tomlin is never getting fired because he has never had a losing season. I think the dude is awful and held some great teams back but there are probably like 15 teams in the league that would kill for that kind of consistency year over year.

The Steelers also have only had 3 coaches in the last half century. That “stability” is something the organization prides itself on

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I can’t stand these pass play calls…everything going to DJ and then sideways pass to Pickens is ridiculous

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Trubisky: I want to start throwing the ball deeper
Also Trubisky: dump it off to Harris for a 4 yard gain on 3rd and 8

Please get both Trubisky and Canada out of here.

Reactions: Andy99

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I'd say punt or go for it in that situation, not sure many kicks are going to be made tonight.

Kicking the FG kind of says to everyone what the coaches think of the offense. lol

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Our tackling is shit…and terrible defensive series there…no one on Cooper

This game is over because of the Steelers offense lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad