OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 2022 Handball season has arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
13m
From NFL Now: #Ravens OC Greg Roman is leaving the organization after helping Lamar Jackson reach the highest of heights. Not Steelers related But Biggest Rival OC leaving is a pretty big deal

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
13m
From NFL Now: #Ravens OC Greg Roman is leaving the organization after helping Lamar Jackson reach the highest of heights. Not Steelers related But Biggest Rival OC leaving is a pretty big deal
Lamar is getting traded once they slap the non exclusive tag in him and don’t match whatever he gets

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I really hope they aren’t keeping him in part because he’s still under contract. Money better not be a factor - hopefully it’s just stupidity.

Again, the Steelers have never fired a coach. They let their contracts expire

I actually think Leftwich coming to be some sort of assistant OC isn't totally out of the question. Flores had a special case, but he did go from a NFL head coach to a LB coach after all. I don't think Leftwich coming in as an assistant, with the plans for him to take over for Canada after Canada's contract isn't renewed after next year, isn't a crazy thought.

The question is whether Leftwich can get a better offer now than "assistant OC in 2023 and OC starting in 2024".

Why would Leftwhich come here to be "Asst to the OC" when he'll have a ton of job offers?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Again, the Steelers have never fired a coach. They let their contracts expire
Have they ever had a coach as bad as Canada? (Besides Tomlin) The Steelers rarely made trades until recently too, but sometimes they join us in this century…not often.

Last edited:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Hard pass on Leftwich. TB's offense was terrible all season.

I also follow TB since I live down here. He only knows Arians playbook. When they gave him the keys this year, unlike Arians he never adjusted to the defense in game, it almost was like he just picked plays out of a hat with no plan behind it. And it was week after week of the same.

The other thing about him was he was so disingenuous with the press down here. He was a cocky ****. Glad he's gone and do not want him anywhere near the Steelers.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Have they ever had a coach as bad as Canada? (Besides Tomlin) The Steelers rarely made trades until recently too, but sometimes they join us in this century…not often.
Kevin Gilbride was probably worst in 1999 2000. He was the last OC fired he lasted 2 seasons

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I actually think Leftwich coming to be some sort of assistant OC isn't totally out of the question. Flores had a special case, but he did go from a NFL head coach to a LB coach after all. I don't think Leftwich coming in as an assistant, with the plans for him to take over for Canada after Canada's contract isn't renewed after next year, isn't a crazy thought.

The question is whether Leftwich can get a better offer now than "assistant OC in 2023 and OC starting in 2024".
I’d be willing to bet a team would offer Leftwich an OC job this hiring cycle

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
It’s not about this season as much as it’s about Tomlin being so comfortable with the status quo he can bring back Canada.

However, the 49ers lost their top two QBs, and were down to the last guy taken in the draft. Now they not only have a playoff win with a seventh round rookie QB, many are predicting they will get to the SB.

So let’s not pretend Tomlin had a worse situation than Shanahan.

One guy got it done and the other needs excuses made for him - again.
Shanahan has a significantly better roster, you seriously can't be arguing this?

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I’m willing to see what a new GM does with a full off-season before I say it’ll just be the same old way of doing things. Draft tendencies, free agency, etc. could all wind up different.

The Canada thing is what it is at this point.

Reactions: Peat

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Shanahan has a significantly better roster, you seriously can't be arguing this?

49ers were floundering at 3-4, cycled through 3 QBs, had to use a 7th round rookie QB, won ten in a row to finish up the season and a playoff game so far.

That makes 11 wins in a row.

Don’t hand me the BS Tomlin deserves coach of the year over KS.

Shouldn’t you be worrying about stopping Pouncey before he strikes again?

Go make the world a safer place Holmes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Night Shift

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
49ers were floundering at 3-4, cycled through 3 QBs, had to use a 7th round rookie QB, won ten in a row to finish up the season and a playoff game so far.

That makes 11 wins in a row.

Don’t hand me the BS Tomlin deserves coach of the year over KS.

Shouldn’t you be worrying about stopping Pouncey before he strikes again?

Go make the world a safer place Holmes.
Your sequence is out of order there. Purdy only started the final 5 games. They won a bunch in a row because they have a good roster, and had a number of players injured at the beginning of the year, including their best player.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Your sequence is out of order there. Purdy only started the final 5 games. They won a bunch in a row because they have a good roster, and had a number of players injured at the beginning of the year, including their best player.

Uh that wasn’t chronological order. It was a list of things KS overcame.. 3-4 start, having to cycle through three QBs, overcoming insane odds with a 7th round rookie QB, and still won 11 in a row so far.

Their roster is good because their coach puts them in position to succeed and utilize their talent, unlike Tomlin.

KS is also the one who helped build the roster so trying to emphasize that actually just further proves my point.

Congrats, you played yourself (again).

But pound your chest some more about 9 wins and a sixth season without a playoff win.

Perfect example of a brainwashed fan.

Last edited:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
A very simple thing that they could do to improve the quality of the offense is to bump Moore to G and find a LT. I know it's just internet banter, but Taylor Lewan with 2 new ACLs is better than Moore, and it's not even close.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
It’s still way too early to read into any mock drafts but Dane Brugler and Daniel Jeremiah are two guys who tend to be pretty plugged into how the league feels about prospects.

Right now both have all three tackles going off the board prior to the Steelers picking.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The best thing for this team would be a massive scandal for Tomlin, Canada and or the Rooneys this summer. That’s our best hope to get things back on track.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
The best thing for this team would be a massive scandal for Tomlin, Canada and or the Rooneys this summer. That’s our best hope to get things back on track.

You mean like the Commanders?

How’s that working out for the fans again?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Not much worse than here in Pittsburgh. I’d love for the team to clean house from top to bottom.

Literally nothing has changed, that’s the point.

Scuzzy Snyder is still the owner. So a scandal won’t change anything unless it’s like Tomlin going all Ray Lewis on Canada out of frustration.

Steelers love to love themselves, and pretend they have some winning, time tested formula for success.

They don’t, which is why 22 other teams have won a playoff game since Tomlin’s last win.

But reality and their delusions of grandeur have become blurred for Tomlin and AR2.

All we can hope for is that Kahn and Weidl bring a refreshing change and aren’t brainwashed that the Steelers have some successful culture going on.

Reactions: Night Shift

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It’s still way too early to read into any mock drafts but Dane Brugler and Daniel Jeremiah are two guys who tend to be pretty plugged into how the league feels about prospects.

Right now both have all three tackles going off the board prior to the Steelers picking.
It is possible, but unless they all have crazy combines, I'd be shocked if they were all gone by 17.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
It is possible, but unless they all have crazy combines, I'd be shocked if they were all gone by 17.

It seems like Broderick Jones may be a riser and Skoronski could be the guy that drops depending on how teams view his ability to stay at tackle.

I just have a feeling right now the value at 17 will be at CB or WR and not OL or DL. But a lot can change depending on free agency and the combine.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
It seems like Broderick Jones may be a riser and Skoronski could be the guy that drops depending on how teams view his ability to stay at tackle.

I just have a feeling right now the value at 17 will be at CB or WR and not OL or DL. But a lot can change depending on free agency and the combine.

I see guys like Harrison and Jones being speculated as big risers.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Going by recent drafts, I'd say there's a 50% chance the first three Tackles are off the board at 17 most years. I know draft profiles question Johnson's and Jones' rawness, and Skoronski's arms, but given all their other strengths I don't find myself questioning the projections they'll be off the board before 17. It's not like these projections are causing whacky falls elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad