GDT: The Penguin(s) vs. The Dynamic Duo: Game 8 - Pittsburg @ Edmonton 7 PM - SN1

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Nice interview with Jesse Puh on GYB today. Very complimentary on his time spent as an Oiler.

It reminded me again of why I liked him, as a fan. He’s a decent dude. I wish him well.

Edit - And if Struddy reads here, the Dangerfield impersonation from a few weeks ago, is so bad it’s good. :)

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1727042242969945.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I touched the 1960's TV series Batmobile when I was 6yrs old. I wanted to get behind the wheel but they wouldn't let me. Pretty sweet ride. haha.

Thing was parked at JP for a week at IGA back in 1967 or 1968. A very good years;)

But I also touched the Bonnie and Clyde car in 72 which might have reversed some mojo. Blame me.

This wandering diatribe aside I haven't got into all the incarnations of Batman but watched most of the movies, and the shows, and the Penguin and the Riddler were favorites. Especially in the 60's series. So I started watching The Penguin series just a few days ago as research into this game.

This all leads me to think that Penguins is a damn squirrelly name for a hockey club and much like Spinner Spencer once mocked on National TV. "Its a f***ing flightless bird, a pathetic bird that can't even fly, what kind of f***ed name is that for an NHL hockey club? " Spencer said all this on National TV and was promptly moved by the Pens and banned from future televised interviews. I'll never forget him. What a character, RIP.

ps how weird is it that this isn't the weirdest post on even this page? hehe

Have you been watching Janmark this year and last regular season?
Regular season Janmark is rarely the playoff version of the same player. Sigh. I like him, and he's a big game player, but he doesn't give you enough in reg season.

Last edited:

Morpheus

I am bot
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Bot’s Motel
I touched the 1960's TV series Batmobile when I was 6yrs old. I wanted to get behind the wheel but they wouldn't let me. Pretty sweet ride. haha.

Thing was parked at JP for a week at IGA back in 1967 or 1968. A very good years;)

But I also touched the Bonnie and Clyde car in 72 which might have reversed some mojo. Blame me.

This wandering diatribe aside I haven't got into all the incarnations of Batman but watched most of the movies, and the shows, and the Penguin and the Riddler were favorites. Especially in the 60's series. So I started watching The Penguin series just a few days ago as research into this game.

This all leads me to think that Penguins is a damn squirrelly name for a hockey club and much like Spinner Spencer once mocked on National TV. "Its a f***ing flightless bird, a pathetic bird that can't even fly, what kind of f***ed name is that for an NHL hockey club? " Spencer said all this on National TV and was promptly moved by the Pens. I'll never forget him. What a character, RIP.

ps how weird is it that this isn't the weirdest post on even this page? hehe

Regular season Janmark is rarely the playoff version of the same player. Sigh. I like him, and he's a big game player, but he doesn't give you enough in reg season.
I touched the Batmobile when it was on display in WEM in the late 80’s.

Touched the Delorean from Back to the Future in 87 at Universal Studios as a kid.

Also got to sit and chat with Kit from Knight Rider.
I asked ‘How fast do you go’
After the third time Kit answered ‘I told you three times already stupid kid now move on!’

And I’m big fan of the Tim Burton Batman movies. I think they are the best of the lot.
Batmobile could use a gift card from Bubbles tho…

IMG_0879.jpeg

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Touched the Delorean from Back to the Future in 87 at Universal Studios as a kid.

After the third time Kit answered ‘I told you three times already stupid kid now move on!’
They were concerned I was stalking the Batmobile and was gonna steal it or hubcaps or rims or something when IGA closed. It was Jasper Place after all, surprised they even brought it there. Klondiker Biker bar just across the street, Saxony Tavern a block away. Oh such prime real estate and area. You learn an awful lot quick growing up in areas like that. The old area hasn't changed at all. lol

In schools they used to introduce the new teachers. This is your new teacher, she'll be here for a week until you get the next one...

Read all my posts as if Rodney Dangerfield was saying it.
Oh, oh oh (Horshack) I touched the SC in WEM in the 80's. I want to say I touched that SC several times. Goosebumps I say.

Last edited:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

And I’m big fan of the Tim Burton Batman movies. I think they are the best of the lot.
Batmobile could use a gift card from Bubbles tho…

View attachment 921476
Family still has a shop in LA and does mods and builds etc.. the guy had some real creativity.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I can't wait until this group gets going again so that we don't have to hear anymore of the doomsday nonsense from half this board. The Penguins are the perfect opponent to start feeling the offence again, hopefully we take advantage.

Need I remind everyone how absolutely pathetic this team was last year at this time? At least we appear to slowly working out of this, last season we were completely limp and not even really at all competitive until the end of November.

This is a stupid, mentally incompetent, bizarre group of hockey players that cannot and will not perform until beaten around and embarrassed. It is what it is. Everything will work out, they just need to go through this ridiculous exercise to get there. In the mean time the annual October chicken littles wishing every player that left comes back (including revisionist history of such players) and disparaging any new player added are so, so grating.
Here here !

Morpheus

I am bot
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Bot’s Motel
They were concerned I was stalking the Batmobile and was gonna steal it or hubcaps or rims or something when IGA closed. It was Jasper Place after all, surprised they even brought it there. Klondiker Biker bar just across the street, Saxony Tavern a block away. Oh such prime real estate and area. You learn an awful lot quick growing up in areas like that. The old area hasn't changed at all. lol

In schools they used to introduce the new teachers. This is your new teacher, she'll be here for a week until you get the next one...

Read all my posts as if Rodney Dangerfield was saying it.
Oh, oh oh (Horshack) I touched the SC in WEM in the 80's. I want to say I touched that SC several times. Goosebumps I say.
Yeah I only touched the Grey Cup & the AHL Calder cup…no SC for me yet…

Anyways go Oilers!

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yeah I only touched the Grey Cup & the AHL Calder cup…no SC for me yet…

Anyways go Oilers!
GC too. Given the state of the Elks I forgot about that one.

man the 80s were so great here. SC on display at WEM Galaxyland almost any summer. 54-40 playing there for free shows all week, Oilers and Eskimos having us in sporting ecstacy and WEM was growing a phase every couple years, lol. Seemed like potential was endless back then. Then came hair metal to wreck everything. ;)

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I just don't get it. Skinner is definitely a line driving type but Podkolzin doesn't seem to have any offensive chops at all.

Podkolzin may not have many offensive tools, but he does make that line tougher to play against, and is somewhat responsible in his own end. There's not many other options for a physical presence in the top six until Kane is healthy

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I think the team has a big game tonight. One of those games where finally the puck goes in.

Henrique does not look washed. Look at who his linemates are. Henrique is the epitome of a solid vet. Janmark on the other hand looks like he needs time in the AHL because he has clearly lost a step the last couple of seasons.
Most of the team looks like they’ve lost a step early on. It’ll come together soon enough. I’m not worried.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Lmao this is accurate to our first 8 games or whatever we are at
Which one is Arvid. Guess.

Next, spot Waldo.

Finally, if you see a Podz goal ever you must tape it and preserve it.

I was curious and had to find out. Pods hasn't scored this season, didn't score an NHL goal last season or playoffs, and his last NHL goal was March 2023. Its like a rare celestial event.

ps it was against SJ. The league doormats. The Nucks loaded 7 goals that night. Almost the whole club got on the scoreboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: tardigrade81

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad