GDT: “Hurricanes blow.” [Games #7 - Oct. 24] Hurricanes @ Flames, 7pm MT, 4am EEST

Straight Fire

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Good fight in the third, need more jam. At least it was interesting till the end. So many whiffs from both sides though... Both teams handled the puck like a grenade in the NZ for lengthy periods of time. Kinda weird.

There was like a 30 to 40 sec stretch with a couple of minutes left where they advanced it into our zone because 3 or 4 of our guys couldn't hit the puck back in the other direction if it were a beach ball.

Anyway, good night all, better outcome next game

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
There was like a 30 to 40 sec stretch with a couple of minutes left where they advanced it into our zone because 3 or 4 of our guys couldn't hit the puck back in the other direction if it were a beach ball.

Anyway, good night all, better outcome next game

I saw it go both ways. Idk why but that puck was ricocheting and flipping over stick blades on both sides for so long. I've just never seen it happen for like a minute at a time for both sides 10-15 second at most maybe.

Reactions: Straight Fire

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Ik that line did end up scoring, but I wasn’t a fan of the Kirkland line at all. Hardly did anything until late in the 3rd.

Ik this team will lose games (and probably lots of them), but it’s a little frustrating seeing the team neuter 2 of their 4 lines because we are running 2 tweeners down the middle.

Just checked the fancy stats, and the 6 worst players on the ice tonight was our third and fourth line.

Last edited:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Losing sucks.

But losing while rebuilding and doing so with resilience and taking it to a much better team later in the game is something they can keep their heads high about.

Reactions: Straight Fire

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think people are being a bit hard on the Flames after this one. The Hurricanes are what they are, and if you watched how they anticipated and closed space it was impressive in this one. Flames had a couple early chances they'd like to have back, but then the Hurricanes really got to their game. I thought it was good to see the Flames slowly push back and tilt things the other way.

No one here is under the impression that the Flames are a better team than Carolina, so why the disappointment with being outplayed by them?

The 2015 Flames made the playoffs by pummeling the teams below them and hanging around with the teams clearly above them. This team has the ability to repeat that formula and make the playoffs simply by winning all the games they should win. Not sure that's for the best, but it seems like the kind of team we have this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad