OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Do these instagram posts just show up as a big white rectangle with "loading Instagram" for anyone else?

edit: nm, it's the facebook container add-on

Reactions: John Price

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Denied bail. Good, sit in jail for a long while.

Violent cokehead with a long history of assaults.
Lawyer says he believes he was "overcharged." Judge disagrees. Well done, your honor.

Reactions: kicksavedave

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

If he doesn't play it's perfectly fine. We have adults running the show now and the owner won't interfere to put someone out there on game day.

Compared to the past where the owner literally was friends with RG3 and privately tried to pull strings on his behalf this is refreshing. If you can't go it's perfectly fine.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
This game, in the grand scheme of things, this season and beyond, means almost nothing. JD's complete health, means everything. I'm so glad we have really smart adults running the show, not making ultra short term decisions, ignoring the long term impacts, like every regime of the last 25 years has done.

Sit JD this week, take the lumps vs Chicago, we could still win, but if we lose, we're still 5-3 at the mid point of the season and no one on the planet predicted that. No one.

Reactions: ynotcaps

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
This game, in the grand scheme of things, this season and beyond, means almost nothing. JD's complete health, means everything. I'm so glad we have really smart adults running the show, not making ultra short term decisions, ignoring the long term impacts, like every regime of the last 25 years has done.

Sit JD this week, take the lumps vs Chicago, we could still win, but if we lose, we're still 5-3 at the mid point of the season and no one on the planet predicted that. No one.
We've also got a remaining schedule after this week that's incredibly favorable. At absolute worst, we should have four more wins coming: @NYG, TEN, @NOR, DAL.

I think in addition to those we will probably also get at least 3 more: PHI, ATL, @DAL (last game, they'll be dead, we'll be playing for the division/seeding.)

That leaves only @Phi and PIT as 50/50 or worse for an L.

There's much more to play for this season than there is for this week.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Violent cokehead with a long history of assaults.
Lawyer says he believes he was "overcharged." Judge disagrees. Well done, your honor.
Yeah apparently knocking someone unconscious and giving them a concussion is not delivering serious bodily injury in his lawyer’s opinion.

I understand he is the defense lawyer here but if he is being intellectually honest I’d like to know where he draws the line for this.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Yeah apparently knocking someone unconscious and giving them a concussion is not delivering serious bodily injury in his lawyer’s opinion.

I understand he is the defense lawyer here but if he is being intellectually honest I’d like to know where he draws the line for this.

Lawyer gamesmanship….however I agree with you.

That dude is a menace, with priors just like what happened this time, I cannot see in any way he pleas out/gets off light, as long as the judge has a conscience. Denying the guy bail seems to indicate she does.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
He was a limited participant in practice, not full. Being LP on Friday is not great but it's not terrible.

I think it depends on the injury, of course.

If he was having trouble doing things all week and only got to LP just today he's not going. I'm thinking some kind of strain that restricts movement in some way here.

If he was sitting out all week just to allow a minor ding or bruise to heal and the docs say "it's all about pain tolerance you're not going to make it any worse" then he may have done LP today just to get loose and will start vs Chi.

They're not saying either way and that's probably strategic more than medical. They know exactly how likely he is to play, imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad