The only roster players we'd actually trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who could be included in a trade to become cap compliant, without upsetting team chemistry?

• Gryz

Votes: 91 85.0%
  • Forbort

Votes: 38 35.5%
  • Shatty

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Poitras

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Beecher

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Steen

Votes: 71 66.4%
  • Boqvist

Votes: 58 54.2%
  • Lauko

Votes: 26 24.3%
  • Debrusk!

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Linus!

Votes: 22 20.6%

• Total voters

blurbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Somerville, MA
Visit site
Has any team ever had a quality tandem like the bruins have AND opted to rotate goalies in the playoffs?

I ask this because I think normally when there is a rotation in the post season it's because a lack of quality, not an abundance.

So I would guess all the talk of "you need a #1 in the playoffs" or "no Stanley cup winner has ever rotated goalies" might be moot because this is an uncharted situation.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Has any team ever had a quality tandem like the bruins have AND opted to rotate goalies in the playoffs?

I ask this because I think normally when there is a rotation in the post season it's because a lack of quality, not an abundance.

So I would guess all the talk of "you need a #1 in the playoffs" or "no Stanley cup winner has ever rotated goalies" might be moot because this is an uncharted situation.

Not that I can recall.

That's not to say an uncharted situation would not work.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
No different than 90% of the roster.
90% of 18 skaters is 16. I’ll go out on a limb and assume that you don’t think McAvoy or Marchand is soft. So all of these players are “soft”?:

Frederic
Geekie
Debrusk
Pastrnak
Zacha
Coyle
Lauko
Forbort
Wotherspoon
Hampus

Is that accurate?

F64C1B20-CCC1-4A39-9D27-A00792E29C8D.gif

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
90% of 18 skaters is 16. I’ll go out on a limb and assume that you don’t think McAvoy or Marchand is soft. So all of these players are “soft”?:

Frederic
Geekie
Debrusk
Pastrnak
Zacha
Coyle
Lauko
Forbort
Wotherspoon
Hampus

Is that accurate?

View attachment 813631
Not accurate IMO.

I still would like an enforcer type on the team though.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto

Frederic
Geekie
Debrusk
Pastrnak
Zacha
Coyle
Lauko
Forbort
Wotherspoon
Hampus

Is that accurate?

View attachment 813631
I was comparing the JVR soft in playoffs comment as I feel he’ll be the same as 90% of the roster in that department. Guess it came across wrong.

The team does lack a tough guy as lady fan mentioned tho.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

I don't know the answer.... maybe Moog/Lemelin? Just spit balling

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad