The Oilers have no doubt the best forward group in the league

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
Canada
Make Jeff Jackson the permanent gm. This guy just resigned all of the important pieces signings from last off season and deadline pickup (Henrique) and replaced Foegale with Arvisdsson. Combine that depth with the best player available in world and best 1-2 c punch and you have the best forward group in the league. Dallas is still deeper but they have nobody close to McDavid or drai.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
RNH - McD - Hyman
Skinner - Drai - Arvidsson
Holloway - Henrique - Kane
Janmark - McLeod - Perry

that's an impressive set of forwards.

Skinner=
1719887444270.jpeg

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Yeah adding soft one dimensional Jeff Skinner and often injured Arvidsson doesn’t really do much for them. I mean I guess Mcdavid can carry them to the finals and then no show the important games at best.
gives Draisaitl a lot more to work with. He was mostly stapled to Foegele/McLeod/ Holloway last year

Both players are good 5v5 contributors as well

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Just thought he played really well in the playoffs. No huge explanation
Hmmm I guess we have very different opinions on that. Felt like he was pretty bad outside of a few games in the finals when he got elevated to play with Draisaitl. 3-5-8 and a -7 in 22 games (he was healthy scratched for half of the Dallas series) and of those 8 points 3 were on empty netters and 3 more came while playing with McDavid or Draisaitl. Just not good enough for a guy who scored 20 goals and 40 points in the regular season.

Reactions: Jarvi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad