The Oilers are an old team

kugelbahn

Feb 15, 2018
So is McJesus too old now to score 40+ goals?
Last season he was injured and dropped half of 64 goals from his goal scoring breakout.

1G in 6 games, whats wrong, too early to tell?

JFedol

May 25, 2023
Calgary, Alberta
His instincts are completely f***ed right now, that injury could still be lingering at the moment. Surgery would've been the best option 100% even if it means a late start.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I heard the other day the team invited a financial advisor in to talk to the boys about CPP and OAS benefits.
Heard Ekholm will qualify soon

He is 28 soon. Could be the start of a gradual decline
Wow 28 already and has not won a cup. He better switch teams if he wants to win one soon. Aint no way this team will win it with Skinny boy in net.

Reactions: Flamesgod

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
McDavid, fastest player in the world heading toward the offensive zone .... then he takes a little rest when the puck goes the other way. What a complete lack of effort there in overtime.

villacco

Dec 21, 2013
Villach
The oilers are way to top heavy.
I am still baffled how many minutes the top stars are playing. They look gassed.
Like yesterday in the OT. I don't blame McDavid, even though he had his "controller disconnected" moment.
Not a great formula to win - overplaying 5 guys.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Ryan McLeod with goals in 4 straight. Whats Savoie doin?

To be fair, I don’t think most savvy Oilers fans were thrilled with that move. Garden variety homers and typical HFB “Pronman’s prospect pool rankings are more important than trying to win” fanboys were the ones overhyping the “#10 pick for a 3rd liner lololol what a steal” trope.

The Oilers are 2-5. How many of the 32 teams had a 2-5 stretch last year where players went cold that was buried in the season that anybody noticed outside their own team forums, lay alone had a thread made about? 24? 28? Almost everybody? The Oilers did this but much worse last year and were a period from the Cup. All this thread is is “early season we got nothing else to talk about” fodder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad