Still early, but anyone else feel the Chychrun-Jensen trade might actually be a win-win trade?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Your analogy is a straw man as there values aren't that far apart.

Chychrun sucked on Ottawa. His value had dropped. He was also relatively expensive.

There wasn't much of a market for Chychrun.

Jensen plays RD which was not only a need for Ottawa but a shortage in the NHL.

This mean that any value gap was made closer by market forces.

That's how economics work.

I find it amusing how many fans think that GM's have so many better options when trading players buy don't because of....reasons?

That being said, they both seem like a better fit now.

I'm talking about their value when Ottawa will be competing.

You made the strawman.

I'm saying their value right now is ok but with chychrun being 8 years younger or whatever, and Ottawa not competing, that by the time Ottawa is ready to compete, Jensen will be washed up or on his last legs or gone while chychrun will probably be a second pairing defenseman.

So if our cup window is in a few years, this trade doesn't help this team in its cup window.

Don't say I'm making a strawman if you don't even understand what I was saying. Just ask for clarification.

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Chychrun have been a stud so far. Looking like a 1D and the best defenceman on the Capitals.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
they can keep him was nothing but a useless overpayed bum when he played here. all the hype he had was crazy.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Sometimes fit is more important than talent. On balance the Chychrun-saga is still a major loss for Ottawa, but turning him into a depth piece with a good fit is a nice way to recover some value in the short term.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Sensfan5

Apr 20, 2013
Ottawa
I dont think anyone actually thinks Jensen is better than Chychrun but Jensen is a better fit for the Sens right now. So right now I would say it's a win-win

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad