Speculation: The Official Offseason Roster Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Mason Appleton could be a nice fit? Adds size, speed and some goal scoring touch.

move Zadorov for Appleton or Nylander

it seems like WPG is moving him because they know Seattle is going to take him. If Chicago traded Nylander that would give them an exempt player instead of losing him for nothing. Chicago adds a top 9 forward
Nylander is ineligible and since he didn't play all year his status was deemed he's still a 2nd year guy and his contract slide.

Jets almost dealed for Z at the deadline is sounded like

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Nylander is ineligible and since he didn't play all year his status was deemed he's still a 2nd year guy and his contract slide.

Jets almost dealed for Z at the deadline is sounded like
Oof. If Zadorov goes to the Jets it's not gonna be fun to see him flattening our guys in division.

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I like Seth Jones as a player but the hawks will have to give up too many assets to aquire him .Keep the assets and this years first round pick. Sign Dougie Hamilton 6.75 / 7 mil per year and Ryan Suter 5.5 mil per year..Trade Dylan Strome for the rights to Zac Hyman sign 4.5 / 5 mil per year.
People need to really stop making Zach Hyman a thing dude is gonna have a lucic level fall off and be signed to a multi year deal with too much term

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Mason Appleton could be a nice fit? Adds size, speed and some goal scoring touch.

it seems like WPG is moving him because they know Seattle is going to take him. If Chicago traded Nylander that would give them an exempt player instead of losing him for nothing. Chicago adds a top 9 forward
Nylander is already exempt

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Appleton is a Maurice favourite...think they'd move other guys before him. That Lowry/Copp/Appleton trio is almost as untouchable as Scheifele I guess.

DesperateBeliever

Jun 16, 2019
Not a confirmed list, but the rumoured protection list.

Protected:

F: Borgstrom, DeBrincat, Hagel, Kampf, Kane, Strome, Toews

D: Jones, Murphy, Stillman

G: Lankinen

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
How the Suck does Ftanley have the protection list he has, the expansion exempt assets to trade, cap space and we do absolutely NOTHING!!!! We are using protection slots for Kampf and Borgstrom up front and Stillman and Jones. Stunley never ceases to amaze

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I think the writing is on the wall that they are going to try sign Hamilton, trade for Jones, or both (which would be crazy).

I think so too, but it’s still going to be a really bad team and overall defense. I feel bad for the goalies.

But at this point we shouldn’t. Need to just bottom out this year.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I think the writing is on the wall that they are going to try sign Hamilton, trade for Jones, or both (which would be crazy).
I don't think they're going for both. I do think they're going to go try for Hamilton first, then if that doesn't work switch gears to Jones. They also need a top LHD, but there don't seem to be many of those available. Maybe Nate Schmidt.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I don't think they're going for both. I do think they're going to go try for Hamilton first, then if that doesn't work switch gears to Jones. They also need a top LHD, but there don't seem to be many of those available. Maybe Nate Schmidt.

They shouldn’t be going for either. Right now this team is so far away from contending that neither of them are changing that.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
They shouldn’t be going for either. Right now this team is so far away from contending that neither of them are changing that.
I think they have a good forward group but they need D and a goalie.

The one issue that the Hawks have right now with their forwards is that their 3rd line is full of top 6 rejects. Strome/Nylander/Borgstrom/potentially Gaudette

Those guys all have a skill game and 3rd liners are gritty with a bit of skill. None of those guys have much grit.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018

I think the way things are going they will take a swing at OEL

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
if they go for dougie then might as well go for seth as well...just one of them doesnt move the needle enough, two prob doesnt either but presumably more than one

Reactions: Muffinalt

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
The one issue that the Hawks have right now with their forwards is that their 3rd line is full of top 6 rejects. Strome/Nylander/Borgstrom/potentially Gaudette

Those guys all have a skill game and 3rd liners are gritty with a bit of skill. None of those guys have much grit.

Eh.. I'd say Gaudette can definitely get his nose in there. But noted with the other 3.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
If Fleury trade doesn't pan out maybe Jaroslav Halak for 2 yrs for 5 million would be an option ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad