Speculation: The Official Offseason Roster Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Bresbois has done a great job but Yzerman always did things I didn't think were current team helpful but maybe helped in the long run. When they never locked up stars ahead of times, you had these key players in the playoffs like Stamkos unsure of his future. Just seemed like a situation destined to fail. But that helped keep them cheaper by not having the winning price boost tied to several of them.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
What young player like Teravainen have they had to give away? Any young Dmen like Leddy they have to give away?
They only won now? Why would you propose this now and not after this summer? The lockouts and freak timing aided them from having to make those trade offs last offseason.

Will they be so fortunate now? They should make the wiser choice and trade off the vets making money they could potentially replace.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I think we all can agree that Boqvist is a good young NHL player that should stay here and keep getting better.

You trade all other D before him.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
They converted cm to inches and rounded up. He's a hair under 6 ft.

6ft=182.88 cm.

So I'd imagine he's 182 cm, which isn't 6 ft but it isn't 5-11 either lol.
That was also his combine height measures at 17. So I'm sure he's 6ft legit.

But the timeline projection is what I was bringing up with people talking about OEL. His career start looks like Boqvists, and they have that same skillset where Boqvist could be a in the teens goal scorer.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
tic tok....will Stunley pull off a trade using his expansion protection spots to get a good player from a team short on protection slots? Isles were a potential target before moving Leddy, as were Colorado before moving Graves. Stunley should be all over Philly for Sanheim (or maybe even Provorov if he is thinking big), Tampa, and St Louis.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
tic tok....will Stunley pull off a trade using his expansion protection spots to get a good player from a team short on protection slots? Isles were a potential target before moving Leddy, as were Colorado before moving Graves. Stunley should be all over Philly for Sanheim (or maybe even Provorov if he is thinking big), Tampa, and St Louis.

trade freeze is today at 2pm so needs to happen quick

Reactions: Muffinalt

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Arizona apparently put Conor Garlund on the trade block, he seems like a potential interesting trade target, not sure the Hawks would have the assets to give up for him considering they want to move pieces for a defenseman

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Arizona apparently put Conor Garlund on the trade block, he seems like a potential interesting trade target, not sure the Hawks would have the assets to give up for him considering they want to move pieces for a defenseman

Why is Arizona not interested in signing him? Do they simply not want to pay the cash and it's a cheapness thing?

I don't know much about his style of play, but he seems to be a bit on the smaller side, is a winger, and his numbers are pretty good but nothing that have drooling over acquiring him, especially if the cost is our 1st round pick. If we are going to give that up I'd rather it before a center or defenseman.

How is his defensive play? If he's a stud on defense that my chance my stance entirely, but for some reason I feel like I remember reading it's just ok.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Why is Arizona not interested in signing him? Do they simply not want to pay the cash and it's a cheapness thing?

I don't know much about his style of play, but he seems to be a bit on the smaller side, is a winger, and his numbers are pretty good but nothing that have drooling over acquiring him, especially if the cost is our 1st round pick. If we are going to give that up I'd rather it before a center or defenseman.

How is his defensive play? If he's a stud on defense that my chance my stance entirely, but for some reason I feel like I remember reading it's just ok.

he's an rfa due for a new contract and there might be internal cap constraints, chayka signed quite a few big contracts before being fired so garland just might not be in plans for new regime

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
I like Seth Jones as a player but the hawks will have to give up too many assets to aquire him .Keep the assets and this years first round pick. Sign Dougie Hamilton 6.75 / 7 mil per year and Ryan Suter 5.5 mil per year..Trade Dylan Strome for the rights to Zac Hyman sign 4.5 / 5 mil per year.

echlfreak

Aug 1, 2003
Mason Appleton could be a nice fit? Adds size, speed and some goal scoring touch.

move Zadorov for Appleton or Nylander

it seems like WPG is moving him because they know Seattle is going to take him. If Chicago traded Nylander that would give them an exempt player instead of losing him for nothing. Chicago adds a top 9 forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad