Speculation: The Official Offseason Roster Discussion Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Hawks need to be patient with their spending of cap space .They will get better value if they can wait for bargain deals.Would try and sign David Savard and / or Ryan Murray not sure if they played together in Columbus.Both can be probably had for 4.5 / 5 million each .Either sign Blake Coleman or trade for the rights to Zac Hyman offer leafs Dylan Strome .You rid of 3 million dollar contract and offer Hyman 4.5 million

We need a true #1D to anchor a top pairing. We shouldn’t settle for more depth defenseman. We already have plenty of those.

Reactions: Muffinalt

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
If you believe Strome is going to fetch Hyman in trade, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you. Stromes' value right now is next to nothing.
Hyman is a UFA, you’re trading for his rights to either early exclusive negotiations or sign him for 8 years. :thumbd:

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Trade some package of DeHaan and youngans for Skej who would be an upgrade on DeHaan. Sign Suter who would replace Keith hopefully for less $'s. Trade Z for a 2nd round pick----probably not a good value. Skej, Murphy, Suter, Boqvist, Stillman, Kalynuk, Mitchell.....slightly better than last year!

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
How would you guys feel about Palat from Tampa? Guy had a .084 ppg season last year, and is a playoff performer. One year at 5.3? He can play up and down the lineup.

If we’re looking to compete this year he’d be a nice option that we can pluck from Tampa.

Palat Toews Kubalik
Debrincat Dach Kane
Hagel Suter Kurashev

Decent top 9

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
How would you guys feel about Palat from Tampa? Guy had a .084 ppg season last year, and is a playoff performer. One year at 5.3? He can play up and down the lineup.

If we’re looking to compete this year he’d be a nice option that we can pluck from Tampa.

Palat Toews Kubalik
Debrincat Dach Kane
Hagel Suter Kurashev

Decent top 9

One of my absolute favorite non-hawks, he's a beast gamer.

But I'm not sure we need a vet winger (and his caphit) like him, with all the forward options already vying for spots.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

Palat Toews Kubalik
Debrincat Dach Kane
Hagel Suter Kurashev

Decent top 9

Palat would be a really nice pickup, would need to be an opportunity to extend him to make it worth what Tampa will likely ask for in return, think it would be better to pursue Landeskog instead and keep the assets for deals involving a top 4 defenseman

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Palat would be a really nice pickup, would need to be an opportunity to extend him to make it worth what Tampa will likely ask for in return, think it would be better to pursue Landeskog instead and keep the assets for deals involving a top 4 defenseman

I don’t think it would be that expensive. Tampa desperately needs to move one of Killorn,Palat,Johnson or Gourde.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Why would Palat approve trade to Chicago?

He can list 10 teams he wont accept a trade to

Going from best in league to one of the worst will be hard sell IMO

No one has properly explained this to me, but many players put the Canadian teams on their no trade list for some reason. Is it the media scrutiny? Long winters? Taxes?

That being said, Palat could probably come up with a lot worse places to live and play for a year than Chicago. There aren't many teams that can swallow his cap hit whole that are also going to be Stanley Cup contenders. Chicago (at least was) viewed as a good organization that was in a cool major city. LA I could also see taking him on.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
if Beaudin is not a trade piece this offseason then there is no excuse for him not to be on roster next year

He looked good as Hawk this past year and its time to play him going forward

If Beaudin is rotting in Rockford while Stillman or Jones (Or both) are up with Hawks that is a problem

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
if Beaudin is not a trade piece this offseason then there is no excuse for him not to be on roster next year

He looked good as Hawk this past year and its time to play him going forward

If Beaudin is rotting in Rockford while Stillman or Jones (Or both) are up with Hawks that is a problem
Beaudin isn't ready imo. He and Mitchell should start in Rockford.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Why is Beaudin not ready? He looked fine

Mitchell on other hand was pure trash and should be nowhere on Hawks roster
Beaudin was worse than Mitchell imo. Out of all of the kids that played on D he was the least NHL ready.

I have no idea what some of you are watching on D if you think he's anywhere close to ready.

Beaudin was completely lost in his own end. Every time he was on the ice the Hawks gave up a long sequence to their opponent.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
LOL

Mitchell was pure trash ,, No one was worse then him on Hawks this past year (Stillman and Connolly didnt' play enough to count as worse or as bad)

Beaudin , Boqvist and Kalynuk were all light years better then Mitchell

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
Beaudin was worse than Mitchell imo. Out of all of the kids that played on D he was the least NHL ready.

I have no idea what some of you are watching on D if you think he's anywhere close to ready.

Beaudin was completely lost in his own end. Every time he was on the ice the Hawks gave up a long sequence to their opponent.
I think Mitchell and Beaudin should spend the majority of the year in Rockford and play tough minutes and on both special teams. Ideally, that would have been what happened last year.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Boqvist was the best all around Dman, Kalnyuk was best defensive Dman, and I thought Beaudin showed the most, but faded fast. They are all young though, all could be promising. Kalnyuk reminded me of Hammer in 08-09 a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad