THE OFFICIAL Matt Rempe Fight Club

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Rempe looks like he could be a menace. He should probably takes a few consecutive games off though from fighting the heavyweights. It would suck if he gets a concussion or something this early in his career.

It's going to suck playing him a few times a year.

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
I know Rempe is dropping the mitts a lot, but how's his overall game? Is he a good 4th line grinder who uses his size to his advantage?
His skating is surprisingly good given how big he is, and he seems to have some offensive awareness and decent hand-eye coordination. I wouldn’t peg him as a guy with significant offensive upside, but he looks like he could develop into a legit fourth-line grinder. He’s only 21 so there’s lots of time left to prove whether he is or isn’t a real gamer, so long as his brain isn’t mush by the time he’s 25.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Fighting is ridiculous now. This guy fights with a full visor covering half his face.

What's next - players are going to fight with the full face mask?

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Weird how fighting got pushed out from hockey so much that now hockey fans are anticipating a rookie that has faught most of his first handful of NHL games to fight every game. Fighting is definitely missed but we shouldn't expect a young buck like Rempe to do it every night. If fighting wasn't getting pushed out of the game so much this Rempe kid wouldn't be such a big deal.

Reactions: vandymeer13

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Good on Rempe but he really shouldn’t feel he has to do this. There’s obviously pressure - wether it’s all the media and fan hype or tough guys waiting for him. Thought he fared ok. He finally used his straight arm reach to keep Reaves away, until he decided to trade and forgot to keep his chin down and gets dangerously tagged.
He needs to be careful because as soon as guys get inside on him, he takes abuse

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Haha. Yeah. Because one played 5 minutes and the other 7. By definition they were kept apart because neither plays
Halfway through/at the end of Reaves’ shifts, Rempe would come out.

So, again, they were kept apart.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Halfway through/at the end of Reaves’ shifts, Rempe would come out.

So, again, they were kept apart.
You got it. That’s exactly what Laviolette was concerned about. I am sure it consumes his coaching tonight

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I haven't watched the fight yet. I was busy this evening.

Most people are saying it was fairly even, or a slight edge to Reaves.

Considering Reaves experience advantage, the fact that Reaves didn't KO Rempe tells me that either Reaves isn't as tough as people think or Rempe is tougher than people want to give credit for. Maybe a combination of both.

The fact that I see a lot of Toronto fans complaining about Rempe's visor tells me that they drop-down feel that Rempe fared much better than they expected.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Reaves won but it was close.

He also turned down Reaves in the 1st period. Reaves wasn't gonna ask to fight the guy again if Rempe didn't throw that dirty hit on Boosh

Reactions: cyris

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I haven't watched the fight yet. I was busy this evening.

Most people are saying it was fairly even, or a slight edge to Reaves.

Considering Reaves experience advantage, the fact that Reaves didn't KO Rempe tells me that either Reaves isn't as tough as people think or Rempe is tougher than people want to give credit for. Maybe a combination of both.

The fact that I see a lot of Toronto fans complaining about Rempe's visor tells me that they drop-down feel that Rempe fared much better than they expected.
No it doesn't. It tells you that Rempe fought with the visor. Kid stood in there gave up at the end and Reaves let him off the hook. Rempe was pretty beat up going into the game. Good for him to stand in there.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012

He also turned down Reaves in the 1st period. Reaves wasn't gonna ask to fight the guy if Rempe didn't throw that dirty hit on Boosh

Yea, he had to answer the bell after that.

I wonder if he's gonna get a call from the league too. Takes a million strides, leaves his feet, hits the guy in the head and theres an injury on the play.

Refs missed calling it for sure.

Reactions: Pink Mist

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Jesus christ this guy is taking straight head shots from the toughest guys. He needs to slow down for sure

Reactions: Fatass

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.

He also turned down Reaves in the 1st period. Reaves wasn't gonna ask to fight the guy if Rempe didn't throw that dirty hit on Boosh
I think this is fair.
Reeves won but the kid definitely held his own. And he seems to be learning he doesn’t have to take every fight. It seemed like it wasn’t going to happen but after the borderline hit he probably should answer the bell

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mr_Fun

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
No it doesn't. It tells you that Rempe fought with the visor. Kid stood in there gave up at the end and Reaves let him off the hook. Rempe was pretty beat up going into the game. Good for him to stand in there.
I have it on good authority that Reaves was going to make Rempe pay for the big hit. So why then did he let him off the hook? It's almost as though Reaves has no purpose in the league.

Reactions: jcs0218
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad