Tribute The Official "Fire Tortorella" Thread

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
Colorado
I don't think Torts is the real problem. We have no backup goalie, really weak at center and mediocre at best on D. They play hard for him and i still think Shaw can help develop the D. I would replace Lehigh though with someone who can develop players.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Flyers were 34-26-8 on 3/19 when Torts decided to impulsively scratch his newly appointed captain, Sean Couturier.

Since then their record is 5-12-4
Something tells me it had more to do with Ersson melting down after Hart left.
So far this year, (GA - xGA)/60:
Ersson +0.85
Fedotov +2.26
So while they need to score more, if the goalies don't play better, they're not going anywhere.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Torts can't coach offense and the team can't score.

They're pretty one dimensional. Good teams can switch up their playstyles to take advantage of what's available. A team devoted to one kind of offense can't do that. Tortorella's North-South religion that looks poorly upon cross ice passing is easy to lock down, especially when there's no risk of anything else happening. They're being completely smothered. Opposing teams know from prior years where the passing lanes are and where they have to be to cover them. They've been dead right so far, and nothing is being done to throw new looks.

Well, aside from benching the few players who have some capability to play the way they need to.

Reactions: renberg and Embiid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad