GDT: "The object of war is not to die for your team, but to make the other bastard die for his." (Game #3 - Oct. 13) Battle of Alberta [6pm MT, 3am EEST]

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Just finishing watching. Ras looked like Zary on that goal :naughty: what a great game by him.

Glad Savard is gone; now Toronto is struggling.

Just nice to see us crush the Oil.

Such an unexpected nice feel being 3-0 when expecting to be 0-3. Craziness.

So very true about Savard being gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Straight Fire

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Watched this game today. Had to laugh so hard when they tried to say the reason the Oilers were struggling is "they played too many pre-season games and didn't have enough practice time to learn systems" as if every team didn't also play the same number of games and had the same amount of practice time.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Fun to be 3-0.
I don't think Calgary can sustain this pace, but it's really fun for the time being!

This team does look like it's having fun though. Like the guys seem to be out there having fun, they have each others' back; playing well structured hockey.

I've probably seen enough to think that the worst they'll do it probably in the 7-12 range at the draft. Which bodes well for Montreal.

Reactions: Figgy44

Kahvi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Fun to be 3-0.
I don't think Calgary can sustain this pace, but it's really fun for the time being!

This team does look like it's having fun though. Like the guys seem to be out there having fun, they have each others' back; playing well structured hockey.

I've probably seen enough to think that the worst they'll do it probably in the 7-12 range at the draft. Which bodes well for Montreal.
Agree, they are not winning because of skill, they are winning because of hard work and giving 100%. It's not gonna last a full season and the eventual drop in play due to fatigue might be steep. But I'll enjoy this as long as it lasts.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Agree, they are not winning because of skill, they are winning because of hard work and giving 100%. It's not gonna last a full season and the eventual drop in play due to fatigue might be steep. But I'll enjoy this as long as it lasts.
the defense is going to catch up with us IMO, especially when we start sustaining some injuries. Also look at our opponents, season opener in Vancouver without their #1 goalie, we shouldn't have won but rallied for an injured teammate.... Philly on a night dedicated to Johnny... and then our #1 rival... these might be the 3 of the 5 most emotional games of the season for our guys (the two vs Columbus being the other 2)

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
the defense is going to catch up with us IMO, especially when we start sustaining some injuries. Also look at our opponents, season opener in Vancouver without their #1 goalie, we shouldn't have won but rallied for an injured teammate.... Philly on a night dedicated to Johnny... and then our #1 rival... these might be the 3 of the 5 most emotional games of the season for our guys (the two vs Columbus being the other 2)

Yeah, but when you taste that win streak, you might somehow keep finding more to keep playing hard. Then you get gassed in the playoffs. (ie: 2014-2015.)

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, but when you taste that win streak, you might somehow keep finding more to keep playing hard. Then you get gassed in the playoffs. (ie: 2014-2015.)
I think that is extremely unlikely. Our defense is going to be f***ing terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad