The NHL is launching NFT's... In 2023

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Does world of warcraft has issue with the cloning of digital asset ? Maybe for some open source with no trusted entity in charge...

I meant that's how it could be useful. This isn't as prevalent or problematic as it used to be with hacked or cloned items on eBay for Diablo II LOD and whatnot.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
I meant that's how it could be useful. This isn't as prevalent or problematic as it used to be with hacked or cloned items on eBay for Diablo II LOD and whatnot.
For a small indie game could be I guess, but for a big one that has the infrastructure if they want player to be able to sales-buy among themselve they can certainly make their own market (wow token). People have enough confidence in blizzard to give them their credit card info, they will have enough in them to host on their server which account own what in the game.

Could be interesting to trade RPG asset between 2 different game or at least a system of the sort, for long living not bound into a specific game RPG assets.

Reactions: Figgy44

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Custodian? It spells the owner. You don't actually want the big tech owning every digital bit of your life rather than yourself. And that's what it's all about. It must happen. Everything depends on it and I'm not even exaggerating.

I also demand the right to be forgotten. Block chain makes that impossible.

There is a reason I don't use my real name here.
There is a reason I don't have social media.
And there is a reason I have a server with 96TB in RAID6 sitting right behind me...not that that is saving me from anything except for my attempts to archive the Internet myself ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: hirawl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad