The Next Ones (after Bedard)

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Which one
I don't know which one anymore. But there are only very serious former players on the show as consultants. The rise in the level of play is regularly repeated by the usual speakers who played between 2000 and 2015 (Marc Denis, David Perron, Eric Belanger, Bruno Gervais). Guillaume Latendresse and Maxim Lapierre say the same thing in their show. The level has increased significantly in recent years.

This is truly a unanimous opinion on this media.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
I don't know which one anymore. But there are only very serious former players on the show as consultants. The rise in the level of play is regularly repeated by the usual speakers who played between 2000 and 2015 (Marc Denis, David Perron, Eric Belanger, Bruno Gervais). Guillaume Latendresse and Maxim Lapierre say the same thing in their show. The level has increased significantly in recent years.

This is truly a unanimous opinion on this media.
Ovechkin before 2010 was better than Draisaitl ever was, his skating ability in addition to his skill and stature is something that simply doesn’t exist today. And I think Draisaitl is a top 3 player in the world

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Ovechkin before 2010 was better than Draisaitl ever was, his skating ability in addition to his skill and stature is something that simply doesn’t exist today. And I think Draisaitl is a top 3 player in the world
Very one-dimensional and very selfish game, especially at the start of the career.

He was higher in the hierarchy in 2005/2013 but better in level of game I don't think.

Among the guys born in the 80s, you just have Crosby, Kane, Ovechkin, Malkin and then the Sedin brothers. There wasn't even a great defender.

It's been 5 years since Draisaitl was stronger than Ovechkin and 5 years ago Ovechkin was only 33. The McDavid generation completely swept away the Crosby generation. Hence the fact that at one point, the league seemed very young.

A generation which also had difficulty establishing itself compared to the previous one with a huge drop in level in Russia, Czechia, Slovakia and Quebec.

In almost all countries, the level of players has risen compared to players born in the 1980s.

The level quickly increase at the top of the players with the McDavid generation and Ovechkin quickly went from 2nd in 2013 to 7-8th then out of the top 10.

Even in Ovechkin's strong point, scoring goals - Draisaitl puts 6% shot efficiency in his mouth.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
???

You feel O.V. (prime) is better than McDavid?

McKenna looks so damn good
The competition was weak but he looked (as you mentioned in another thread) very McDavid-esk out there.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad