The next Jack Adams coach is... I'll Keefe you in suspense

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
Keefe is a good coach. He got the shaft in Toronto.

Devils did good adding Dillon. Their GM shit the bed last year by not getting a NHL goaltender but that looks better this year. Keep Jack out of IR and this seems reasonable.

• Haha
Reactions: HolyCrap

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Green at second? Get the f*** outta here.

That projection is more based on Ottawa as a whole/the organization taking the next step and perhaps pushing for the playoffs.

If they make it, he could certainly win it as head coach.

Keefe is a good coach. He got the shaft in Toronto.

Devils did good adding Dillon. Their GM shit the bed last year by not getting a NHL goaltender but that looks better this year. Keep Jack out of IR and this seems reasonable.

That certainly would not be the narrative or thought here if still employed by TO.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Oh, I see. Adams often goes to the team that improves most, and NJD is expected to improve the most, since they vastly underperformed last season.

It's pretty sad that this award no longer is about coaching.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017

Whoever this Keefe guy is must be a really good coach.

reminds me of

isxlp9daj2371.png

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Jack Adams is essentially the "this goalie got unsustainably hot and dragged his team to the playoffs" award. Hence why most of that list are coaches on teams that either upgraded their goalie in the off-season or teams with an already elite goalie that put pieces around him like Nashville. In that regard this list makes sense.

The rest are a mix of teams that just generally do well in the regular season like the Oilers and Leafs.

Hynes isn't that much of a stretch either. Minnesota went 34-23-6 when was brought in. There's a good chance they make the playoffs if they didn't wait so long to can Evason.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The Jack Adams is a media apology award. Once we get 20 games in and the analysts realize how off-base they were with their pre-season predictions, we'll get people insufferably cheering on whatever coach is "surprising" the league the most (aka, the team we were most wrong about).

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I mean, the Devils are primed to have a hell of a bounce back season regardless of who is the coach. Keefe has something to prove, I thought he did his best coaching last year. I still think he is a hell of a coach despite the haters he has from being the Leafs coach.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Green at second? Get the f*** outta here.

To be fair, the Jack Adams is like 90% about which coach gets improved goaltending.

Top two favourites check all the boxes. New coaches. Teams that disappointed last year, in part due to bad goaltending. Acquired new high end goalies this season.

Reactions: Bleedred

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I feel the same way about this thread as I would have felt about a thread that Kasperi Kapanen was going to win the next Rocket Richard in the summer of 2020.

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
There will definitely be a team that is more surprising than the devils and their head coach will get more cred. Only way keefe will be the popular core is if the devils somehow win the presidents trophy or something. Sabres, sens, wings, wild are probably all more likely candidates. Actually going to throw a quick edit on here and guess Marty St. Louis would be a good guess. Popular guy on one of the most popular teams. If they could get some health luck this year and a young guy on the blue line steps up they might make a surprise wildcard team . Just a guess, but there’s almost always a team that no one expects that over performs.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDN24

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Keefe has the advantage of coaching a team that was injury riddled last year and had goaltending issues early on. So the devils just getting back to the level expected will probably be enough to make him a favorite.

Reactions: TS Quint

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad