The New York Rangers are a perfectly built team this year

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I simply do not see any weaknesses in the Rangers roster this season, they are solid in every department. In my mind they are the best team in the East and only the Avs match them.

Vezina winning goalie in Shestyorkin

Norris winning defender in Fox

Elite 1C in Zibanejad

Elite 1W in Panarin

Great 2C in Trocheck

50 goal scorer in Kreider

Big physical presence in Blais, Reeves, Trouba

Elite young players in Lafreniere, Kakko, Kravtsov

Deadly power play and solid penalty kill

Great coaching by Gallant

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Ok other teams fan view.

Shesh had a career year, even if he doesn't play as well hes still a top goalie, but let's be honest he's the only reason you guys made the playoffs last year.

Krieder also had a career year and will almost certainly not hit that number again.

Trocheck (I'm a Canes fan) was a spark plug for this team for a few years and most fans including myself loved him here, but he has some defensive lapses that lead to goals and he gets out of position quite a bit.

The rest of what you said is true but the Rangers lack deapth and an injury or two could derailed them pretty quickly.

All that being said even with a few injuries I still see them as a playoff team but let's not act like they are all of the sudden the Avs only competition.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The rest of what you said is true but the Rangers lack deapth and an injury or two could derailed them pretty quickly.

All that being said even with a few injuries I still see them as a playoff team but let's not act like they are all of the sudden the Avs only competition.
I mean besides the Rangers, I only see the Lightning and the Avs, as the teams that have elite hardware winning players in every position(G, D, W, C), and the Avs are questionable at G

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I mean besides the Rangers, I only see the Lightning and the Avs, as the teams that have elite hardware winning players in every position(G, D, W, C), and the Avs are questionable at G

Zibanejad has never and very likely will never win a major award and Panarin’s only award was the Calder.

Zibanejad is a good 1C but you’re being insanely generous with the word “elite” if you think he is “elite”.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Zibanejad has never and very likely will never win a major award and Panarin’s only award was the Calder.

Zibanejad is a good 1C but you’re being insanely generous with the word “elite” if you think he is “elite”.
But Panarin is a 100 pts player and Mika is playing like a beast in PP, PK, he’s reached the 1C level

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
You lost me at:

Elite 1C in Zibanejad and do you think Kreider scores 50 goals again this year - is he going to score 26 powerplay goals again?

Reactions: Voight

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
and got owned by the Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Yeah Rangers are *quietly* a good team:naughty:

But im expecting Kreider to go back to reality

Igor to have a solid year but not better than last year

& The young players are far from elite. They have potential but still need to show It… But still far from it

They will be a solid team. But I still pick Canes over em for división winner

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
You lost me at:

Elite 1C in Zibanejad and do you think Kreider scores 50 goals again this year - is he going to score 26 powerplay goals again?
A PPG player and great defensively ? Checks my 1C definition.

Seeing how Rangers PP is still ridiculous, I can see Kreider scoring at least 40

Reactions: Rempe73
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad