OT: The Music Thread: Side B - B Sides and Otherwise

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Has no one heard R Kelly’s Trapped in the Closet!? He must be PISSED!

You know, I was intrigued by that saga and can remember when VH1 would release a new chapter video weekly. This was also back when I was naive about R Kelly the person. When it got to the point where the policeman who pulled Slyvester over was having an affair with Slyvesters wife, I quit following. I realized it was going to be a ridiculous roller coaster after that.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
The last actual full blown live concert I saw was at the Ashland Oregon Armory. Pre-pandemic. Helluva line up

Delta Bombers. A fairly new, at the time, rockabilly band. Put on a solid opening set

The always incredible Voodoo Glow Skulls.

Headliner: Reverend Horton Heat. Always been a fan and always will be a fan.

Big Sandy made sporadic song appearances with all three bands. That was a very nice surprise.

Lately Broken Peach has been popping up in my YT Al Gore Rhythm. Been digging them both audibly and visually

Last edited:
Reactions: HisIceness

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

While listening to the Black Crowes, I came across this group. They're from Raleigh apparently, and "Peace Pipe" was a #1 hit on the rock charts in 1993.

Love 90s rock, and yet I've never heard of these guys. Good shit.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Saw My Morning Jacket for probably the 10th time tonight in Charlotte, always a pleasure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad