OT: The Music Thread Part Six

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Hmmm. Unreal album. I hear Beatles!

I'm finally watching "Get Back" Beatles documentary and thinking I heard Lennon messing around with this song. Anyone have the background to Warrior Dog?

By the way love that this song sounds Beatles like!!!! Thanks for posting.

BTW if you haven't watched the documentary...make it a priority! True geniuses!

Last edited:
Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Hmmm. Unreal album. I hear Beatles!

I'm finally watching "Get Back" Beatles documentary and thinking I heard Lennon messing around with this song. Anyone have the background to Warrior Dog?

By the way love that this song sounds Beatles like!!!! Thanks for posting.

BTW if you haven't watched the documentary...make it a priority! True geniuses!
Huge fan but not a fan of that era. And I know it's supposed to be revision of the usual they hate each other storyline. I probably will watch it at some point. My brother wants me to watch it. But I always get a bad feeling about that. Fun fact, as you probably know, they recorded get back forward slash let it be in January of 69. Then they shelved it. Their swan song was actually Abbey road, which was released in September 69. A fitting end. Much more fitting than Let It Be, which was officially their last release, 1970.

Glad you enjoyed it,

🎩🏒

Reactions: Blowfish

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Huge fan but not a fan of that era. And I know it's supposed to be revision of the usual they hate each other storyline. I probably will watch it at some point. My brother wants me to watch it. But I always get a bad feeling about that. Fun fact, as you probably know, they recorded get back forward slash let it be in January of 69. Then they shelved it. Their swan song was actually Abbey road, which was released in September 69. A fitting end. Much more fitting than Let It Be, which was officially their last release, 1970.

Glad you enjoyed it,

🎩🏒

Not sure where you heard the bold, but there's plenty of hate. To be honest, the guy who takes the biggest hit is McCartney. He was a bastard, especially to George. George takes some grief for being whiny, and John's nothing but a strung out junkie. The only ones who come off as people I'd want to be around are Ringo and (to my and everyone's surprise) Yoko.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Not sure where you heard the bold, but there's plenty of hate. To be honest, the guy who takes the biggest hit is McCartney. He was a bastard, especially to George. George takes some grief for being whiny, and John's nothing but a strung out junkie. The only ones who come off as people I'd want to be around are Ringo and (to my and everyone's surprise) Yoko.
Everything but the Yoko bit comports with my understanding of the circumstance.

Thanks for posting,

🐞

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Everything but the Yoko bit comports with my understanding of the circumstance.

Thanks for posting,

🐞

Maybe it was all the years of hearing how she was a buttinsky who injected herself into the band and manipulated John, but I found her relatively harmless. She was there, didn't talk much, and obviously loved John. Nothing like the stories you heard in the past.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Maybe it was all the years of hearing how she was a buttinsky who injected herself into the band and manipulated John, but I found her relatively harmless. She was there, didn't talk much, and obviously loved John. Nothing like the stories you heard in the past.
Perhaps, and I am not talking about the film.

Much of what I have read, from May Pang's Loving John (there is now a documentary about their relationship, which as I'm sure you know, Yoko orchestrated), to Cynthia and Julian Lennon's memoirs, to several books that don't have a particular axe to grind, paint a very unattractive portrait of Ono.

In the event, when I was much younger Lennon was a hero of mine, and of course there is much to like, love, and appreciate about him and his work. Not least, in my case, his sense of humor.

Unfortunately, to me anyway, John was one screwed up guy. As you likely also know, his parents in their different ways, and his childhood and teenage years, really did a number on him. Emotionally, psychologically, I don't think he ever recovered from those early blows. That's just my opinion.

Again, thank you for posting. Happier tunes on the way,

Last edited:
Reactions: JAD and Blowfish

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Perhaps, and I am not talking about the film.

Much of what I have read, from May Pang's Loving John (there is now a documentary about their relationship, which as I'm sure you know, Yoko orchestrated), to Cynthia and Julian Lennon's memoirs, to several books that don't have a particular axe to grind, paint a very unattractive portrait of Ono.

In the event, when I was much younger Lennon was a hero of mine, and of course there is much to like, love, and appreciate about him and his work. Not least, in my case, his sense of humor.

Unfortunately, to me anyway, John was one screwed up guy. As you likely also know, his parents in their different ways, and his childhood and teenage years, really did a number on him. Emotionally, psychologically, I don't think he ever recovered from those early blows. That's just my opinion.

Again, thank you for posting. Happier tunes on the way,

God's an all-time favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad