OT: The Music Thread: Part IX - RIP Classic Rock 92.9 WBOS-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Wanted a snack the other day and spied Cheetos at the gas station. Inspected the bag to ensure they were the Crunchy not Puffy and proceeded with purchase. Did not realize they were " Flamin' Hot" and after the first bite with my head on fire thought immediately of these guys

Really liked that first tune.
The Groovies thought they had finally broken through in 1972 when United Artists signed them and sent them to England to be produced by Dave Edmunds. They cut this single but it was banned by the BBC for mentioning Morphine even though the song was far from a promotion of the drug scene.

"She said, "There's nothing I can prescribe
To keep your raunchy bag of bones alive"
I've got some money left for one more shot
She said, "Go kill yourself", I said, "Thanks a lot"

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
The Groovies thought they had finally broken through in 1972 when United Artists signed them and sent them to England to be produced by Dave Edmunds. They cut this single but it was banned by the BBC for mentioning Morphine even though the song was far from a promotion of the drug scene.

"She said, "There's nothing I can prescribe
To keep your raunchy bag of bones alive"
I've got some money left for one more shot
She said, "Go kill yourself", I said, "Thanks a lot"

Thank you for this!

I've heard of the Groovies, but assumed they were some aughts band.

A. Guinea, unsurprisingly, has an ear 👂 🌽 for the absurd.

Those lyrics are gold.

While I'm groovin' the good vibes, here's one to brighten your day,

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I think we can hold off on critiquing anyone else's musical tastes. One person's trash is another person's treasure, and it is all subjective. Lord knows some of my tastes wouldn't stand up to other's critique, but that's why they are MY tastes and not theirs, and we can learn a lot from another person's taste, even if it's that our tastes don't agree.

At least I hope that is the spirit of this thread.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I think we can hold off on critiquing anyone else's musical tastes. One person's trash is another person's treasure, and it is all subjective. Lord knows some of my tastes wouldn't stand up to other's critique, but that's why they are MY tastes and not theirs, and we can learn a lot from another person's taste, even if it's that our tastes don't agree.

At least I hope that is the spirit of this thread.

It certainly should be.

That's why they make vanilla and chocolate.

Thank you. Well said,

👉✅✌️🍁

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Apple orchards opened up here in Maine today. Maybe my son will make a pie. Course he'd have to pick 'em, peel 'em and put 'em in the oven too. The only pie I ever made was Humble.

After Mick Taylor left the Stones Keith wanted Marriott to join. Mick said no to that deal. Too much competition

What we see at TD this winter

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad