OT: The Music Thread: Part IX - RIP Classic Rock 92.9 WBOS-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Summer nights will be gone soon enough.

Another thumbs down.

Wanted a snack the other day and spied Cheetos at the gas station. Inspected the bag to ensure they were the Crunchy not Puffy and proceeded with purchase. Did not realize they were " Flamin' Hot" and after the first bite with my head on fire thought immediately of these guys

From Wicky Petee Ah
Released the same year as the Rolling Stones' album Sticky Fingers, Mick Jagger reportedly noticed the similarities between the albums and thought the Flamin' Groovies did the better take on the theme of classic blues and rock 'n roll revisited in a modern context.[2]

Really liked that first tune.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Can someone explain Oasis to me? I think they are fine but not particularly stand out in any way. I have friends wanting to plan Europe trips to see them. If you solve that, then explain Queen. I at least appreciate the innovation and talent of Queen musically compared to Oasis, but can only listen in small doses. Younger generations seem to to like them the most out of all the great bands of the clasic rock era.
Think back to my folks and how they would go from Lawrence Welk and Andy Williams to me and my brothers switching the TV to Smothers Bros. They would be dying to get out of the living room once "our" music (their racket) started.

"Ma come back, this has horns and strings!"

Had Ma on our side for a minute but then The Who "blew it all up"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad