The Menu Part 24 The Turkey Hill Diet Ice Tea Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Wife's birthday is today, so had to make something good. Tuna stacks and steak

PXL_20240812_221950384.jpg
PXL_20240812_222613607.jpg

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Forgot to post this one, it’s not food related but still a consumable.

Started a bachelor party off over the weekend at the Ashton Cigar Bar in Center City. Wowowow. It is very easy to spend some funds there and a super cool venue as a whole. Had a nice Ashton Cabinet but the splurge was the booze—they had an El Dorado 21 year rum that was absolutely glorious.

Also, Happy Anniversary @Tripod

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

Started a bachelor party off over the weekend at the Ashton Cigar Bar in Center City. Wowowow. It is very easy to spend some funds there and a super cool venue as a whole. Had a nice Ashton Cabinet but the splurge was the booze—they had an El Dorado 21 year rum that was absolutely glorious.

Love El Dorado.

I have a "25 yr" from 1988 - half full. I am scared to ever have any because likely wont get my hands on another bottle.

The 12 yr is pretty fairly priced, and a beautiful sipper.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Love El Dorado.

I have a "25 yr" from 1988 - half full. I am scared to ever have any because likely wont get my hands on another bottle.

The 12 yr is pretty fairly priced, and a beautiful sipper.
I’d treasure that thing like a precious moment.

I have a bottle of the 15, which is also excellent. Pennsylvania doesn’t stock the brand at all, to my knowledge, which is very sad.

Reactions: FlyerNutter

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

Good choice. That stuff competes with the best Foursquares I've had. Isn't it nutty being able to find great stuff just sitting on a shelf at reasonable prices? If nothing else, more people should try rum for that aspect.

Have you tried Shakara yet? I had some for the first time over the weekend. Made from Thai molasses and then aged in bourbon barrels for 12 years. I've never had that much oak come through in a rum before. Incredibly weird experience.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Good choice. That stuff competes with the best Foursquares I've had. Isn't it nutty being able to find great stuff just sitting on a shelf at reasonable prices? If nothing else, more people should try rum for that aspect.

Have you tried Shakara yet? I had some for the first time over the weekend. Made from Thai molasses and then aged in bourbon barrels for 12 years. I've never had that much oak come through in a rum before. Incredibly weird experience.
I’m blown away you can find a 21 year bottle of any brown liquor for what this is showing for at total wine. I’m quite content for it to stay a secret at least until the whiskey prices normalize.

And Thai molasses? Sign me up, I’ll keep an eye out.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Whiskey lottery is up for those in PA. @prototypical4thliner @trostol

The BTAC Prohibition Collection is not worth a grand whatsoever. I did all 5 in a blind with a group. Two good bottles out of 5, neither of which are great. It's artificial rarity horseshit with no age statements. Not one person in the group would have paid 1k for them. Save your money.

If nothing else, at least sign up for $55 Staggs. Birthday Bourbon is usually excellent, but is low proof and more subtle than most expect. The Blantons have an extremely high variance range of average to fantastic depending on the barrel.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017

The BTAC Prohibition Collection is not worth a grand whatsoever. I did all 5 in a blind with a group. Two good bottles out of 5, neither of which are great. It's artificial rarity horseshit with no age statements. Not one person in the group would have paid 1k for them. Save your money.

If nothing else, at least sign up for $55 Staggs. Birthday Bourbon is usually excellent, but is low proof and more subtle than most expect. The Blantons have an extremely high variance range of average to fantastic depending on the barrel.
Not dropping 3k on the double eagle?

• Haha

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh

put in for the Stagg and 120 option of whatever that was lol almost hope to not win..i am broke lol

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad