The Menu Part 24 The Turkey Hill Diet Ice Tea Edition

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
You guys set me up... I'm not going to be able to get back to the hotel

View attachment 898623

At Burial in Charlotte OMG

and I love the names

That one pictured is When Destiny Fails and We All Disappear... very good DIPA, Motueka, El Dorado and Mosaic

why pay for a hotel if you won't be inside of it? thats why were getting you drunk to get full serviced of your hotel room

Reactions: dragonoffrost

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
@JojoTheWhale @Starat327

Will be heading to Chicago for a very quick work trip, in Sunday, out Tuesday, at the end of the month....what's the best spot for deep dish?

Staying across from Millennium Park

Last edited:
Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
@JojoTheWhale @Starat327

Will be heading to Chicago for a very quick work trip, in Sunday, out Tuesday, at the end of the month....what's the best spot for deep dish?

Staying across from Millennium Park

Lour Malnatis and Giordanos are the tourist trap versions, bur Malnatis is actually good. Giordano is a soupy mess.

George's up north in edgewater is good, and Pequads is good as well.

I think I tried Gino's one night but there isn't much of that night I remember, unfortunately

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
what's the best spot for deep dish?

The trash.

Lour Malnatis and Giordanos are the tourist trap versions, bur Malnatis is actually good. Giordano is a soupy mess.

I lived across the street from each at one point. I found a mom and pop Italian restaurant that made normal adult pizza you don’t need to eat with a ladle, and I never looked back. I thought Lou Malnati’s was soupier. Giordano’s overcharged and was only mildly better. I do know I’d skip both.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The trash.

I lived across the street from each at one point. I found a mom and pop Italian restaurant that made normal adult pizza you don’t need to eat with a ladle, and I never looked back. I thought Lou Malnati’s was soupier. Giordano’s overcharged and was only mildly better. I do know I’d skip both.
I am admittedly not a deep dish fanatic, and moreso just think its ok for what it is - a very regionalizdd dish. I know it definitely has some people who just don't like the style, and thats okay by me too.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
The trash.

That normal adult pizza sounds better, where was that at? I really don't have any interest in deep dish pizza, but I know it's a big thing when you visit. If I don't get it, I certainly won't be upset.

Any other recommendations?

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That normal adult pizza sounds better, where was that at? I really don't have any interest in deep dish pizza, but I know it's a big thing when you visit. If I don't get it, I certainly won't be upset.

Any other recommendations?

It wasn’t downtown. :laugh:

I am very anti-deep dish, but if you do get it, my advice is stay away from those two places. They are kinda the Pat’s and Geno’s of deep dish chains where you can do better. I’ve heard of Pequod’s, but I can’t tell you from experience. I’m sure if you Google the best joints, you can’t go wrong.

Reactions: dragonoffrost

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
PXL_20240808_163557116.jpg

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
@Starat327 what's your smoked queso recipe again?

Block of Velveeta
Can or two of rotel with chiles(depending on how chunky you want it)
Fresh diced jalapeños to taste
Chorizo if you don't have any vegans
Small can of cream of chicken (or poblano if you can find it)

I usually add some of whatever chipotle or similar rub on the top. I use the meat church holy voodoo.

Throw it in a pan, but keep everything separate for the first hour so it can take in smoke. After first hour, mix and then give it another 30-45 or so at 225

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
i do not know if the pic I linked is or isn't( i would not put it past it being real) but it had made me curious lol
Yeah, as Appleyard said, it's either a knife and fork, or those crappy plastic/wooden forks you get from the chippy. Anyone eating it with their hands are a neanderthal.

• Haha
Reactions: trostol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad