The Menu Part 24 The Turkey Hill Diet Ice Tea Edition

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Frick. Was in cherry hill today and didn’t go down the gin aisle at total wine.

Also, double frick @JojoTheWhale. I was on the fence about Still Austin—mostly because I assume that it is endorsed by Blake Shelton and I have yet to find a celebrity whiskey I liked.

Benchmark FP is the bourbon I prefer for mixing cocktails. It hits the perfect spot on the graph, blending taste proof and cost. Of course Pennsylvania doesn’t get it.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Frick. Was in cherry hill today and didn’t go down the gin aisle at total wine.

Also, double frick @JojoTheWhale. I was on the fence about Still Austin—mostly because I assume that it is endorsed by Blake Shelton and I have yet to find a celebrity whiskey I liked.

Benchmark FP is the bourbon I prefer for mixing cocktails. It hits the perfect spot on the graph, blending taste proof and coat. Of course Pennsylvania doesn’t get it.

SA is definitely not a celebrity whiskey. The master blender is Nancy Fraley. She has pioneered bringing Cognac and Armagnac techniques into the whiskey end.

Also, the next time you go to TW, go 45 seconds down the road to Benash Liquors. Some prices are high, but others are great. I mostly go because they do picks well and fairly. They have a Store Pick Jack Barrel Proof Rye for $70 I snagged but have yet to open. And they might even have some of these left.

Attachments

• 17220393518678057057921107940640.jpg
    17220393518678057057921107940640.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 3

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
SA is definitely not a celebrity whiskey. The master blender is Nancy Fraley. She has pioneered bringing Cognac and Armagnac techniques into the whiskey end.

Also, the next time you go to TW, go 45 seconds down the road to Benash Liquors. Some prices are high, but others are great. I mostly go because they do picks well and fairly. They have a Store Pick Jack Barrel Proof Rye for $70 I snagged but have yet to open. And they might even have some of these left.
Did Blake Shelton name his song after the whiskey then? I’m confused.

And yup. Familiar with Benash. If I have the chance when I’m in the area I’ll either go there or Tomars. Today was very mission oriented though. I saw TW got that Found North and I did something I swore I’d never do—bought a backup.

• Love
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Did Blake Shelton name his song after the whiskey then? I’m confused.

And yup. Familiar with Benash. If I have the chance when I’m in the area I’ll either go there or Tomars. Today was very mission oriented though. I saw TW got that Found North and I did something I swore I’d never do—bought a backup.

Congrats on finding another!

As far as the country goes, I’ve got a British Oi record from 1982 on right now. Wrong person by an order of magnitude. :laugh:

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
@prototypical4thliner I didn’t realize you came out this way when you were talking about MWND. Wine Barrel on the White Horse Pike sells them at MSRP and had a whole bunch recently. (150 is MSRP now.)

He charges 100 for Blanton’s and 150 for that. Good luck figuring the pricing out there.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
@prototypical4thliner I didn’t realize you came out this way when you were talking about MWND. Wine Barrel on the White Horse Pike sells them at MSRP and had a whole bunch recently. (150 is MSRP now.)

He charges 100 for Blanton’s and 150 for that. Good luck figuring the pricing out there.
I’ll keep it in mind.

Fun fact—still haven’t had Blantons. That should really speak to where my mindset is about things brown liquor.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
What's a good tequila? Currently drinking tequila and tonic with lime, but using Casamigos, not my choice. Anything with 100% agave is what you want, or so I read

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
What's a good tequila? Currently drinking tequila and tonic with lime, but using Casamigos, not my choice. Anything with 100% agave is what you want, or so I read

Budget options I wouldn't hesitate to mix: Arette, Insolito, Tapatio, Olmeca Altos, G4

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
You guys set me up... I'm not going to be able to get back to the hotel

View attachment 898623

At Burial in Charlotte OMG

and I love the names

That one pictured is When Destiny Fails and We All Disappear... very good DIPA, Motueka, El Dorado and Mosaic
Keep the pics coming so we may enjoy vicariously.

And help me justify ordering some from them.

Also, shoot, it’s National IPA day…. Cheers!

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
You guys set me up... I'm not going to be able to get back to the hotel

View attachment 898623

At Burial in Charlotte OMG

and I love the names

That one pictured is When Destiny Fails and We All Disappear... very good DIPA, Motueka, El Dorado and Mosaic

Looks like you could almost chew it. Enjoy! El Dorado is my favorite hop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad