The Menu Part 24 The Turkey Hill Diet Ice Tea Edition

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I can sample in NC... then have either visit Raj to see if he gets them or pick up in PA after work.

No distro outside of NC.

Sure would be nice to be able to ship beer and spirits to NJ, huh? So there's exactly one downside of not having an office anymore.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
No distro outside of NC.

Sure would be nice to be able to ship beer and spirits to NJ, huh? So there's exactly one downside of not having an office anymore.

NJ is the absolute worst for these things. It's why I used to spend countless hours boxing and shipping beer across the country - so I could get the good stuff shipped to me.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
No distro outside of NC.

Starat said Burial delivers to PA.... I can figure out a way to make that work if they don't sell at resellers in PA.

I work in PA with a few craft beer aficionados. Worst case I pay for the beer to be delivered for a small fee... a few beers.

And yes we are still behind the times in NJ with shipping laws. Even wines had that issue until recently. I believe wines are still an issue unless both states work on a reciprocal agreement,

WAIT WHAT????

From Burial's website
FromBurialSite.png

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
NJ is the absolute worst for these things. It's why I used to spend countless hours boxing and shipping beer across the country - so I could get the good stuff shipped to me.

I've been trying for 2 months to find someone near Burlington, MA to ship me one damn bottle. :laugh:

WAIT WHAT????

From Burial's website
View attachment 896835

Ok, so some spirits vendors use DC as a shipping hub as some kind of weird loophole. I wonder if that’s what they’re doing here. I’ve had bourbons delivered from Kentucky that shipped from DC.

Side note: I very badly want to use one of these sites to order beers from Belgium. It’s tough to find a balance between being worth paying for shipping and being royally pissed if it gets pinched.

Reactions: dragonoffrost

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
I've been trying for 2 months to find someone near Burlington, MA to ship me one damn bottle. :laugh:

Ok, so some spirits vendors use DC as a shipping hub as some kind of weird loophole. I wonder if that’s what they’re doing here. I’ve had bourbons delivered from Kentucky that shipped from DC.

Side note: I very badly want to use one of these sites to order beers from Belgium. It’s tough to find a balance between being worth paying for shipping and being royally pissed if it gets pinched.
Confirmed if I have an issue getting it to NJ I got me a mule. He looked at the site when I was looking at it and said the charge would be as expected. Some beers...

But a dummy order showed like it would work to NJ so I'm thinking loophole is correct.

Last edited:
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

I may be able to help with that. It's been a while but I still know some people.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I don’t know if anyone here are slim Jim fans

But they now have a frito lay’s chili cheese slim Jim

I can’t remember if it was Wawa or heritage’s

DayoftheGreek

Dec 10, 2008
I need help from the Japanese world travelers here. I might have an opportunity to spend a few days in Osaka. Aside from the regular foods on every travel recommendation page (takoyaki, okonomiyaki, etc) does anyone have any must-eats?

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I think I'm at the point where this is the best $50 bottle out there. I can't imagine telling myself 5 years ago I would say that about a Texas whiskey. This is the only good one.

Screenshot-20240726-184255-Gallery.jpg

Don't spend the extra 30 on a single barrel. They tend to be actively worse than blended cask strength.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I think I'm at the point where this is the best $50 bottle out there. I can't imagine telling myself 5 years ago I would say that about a Texas whiskey. This is the only good one.

Screenshot-20240726-184255-Gallery.jpg

Don't spend the extra 30 on a single barrel. They tend to be actively worse than blended cask strength.
Have a feeling if I went looking for it I wouldn't find it here lol

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Have a feeling if I went looking for it I wouldn't find it here lol

I don't know if PA gets it, but they have also have a deal with Total Wine for distro. There are cases of the stuff in every store.

Sidenote: Have you tried Benchmark Full Proof? If you like the BT profile, that's incredibly hard to beat for $23ish.

Last edited:
Reactions: trostol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad