Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Messenger_creation_f9d424bb-0d4a-493b-99a3-745720c493d6.jpeg

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Man, magic hat brings bsck memories.
[/QUOTE

No kidding right? That #9 , I think aha, that was apricot flavors. They made some good stuff for back then and the art work was always cool.

Saranac was big for me as well being in upstate ny. I believe they sold out but way back in the day their beer was so good. Their pumpkin beer from back in the day is the best I ever had

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
They finally do a barleywine and it's Chicago only. Son of a.

Have a bunch of company I like coming over the next few weeks. I forgot to get the darker stuff before it hit storage, but these are the IPAs.

20240723-170109.jpg
I'll be out in Chicago in a few weeks...unfortunately, I don't think they'll be available yet :laugh:

Also, I need to try the crushable church. They offer it at one of the local golf courses I frequent, but haven't had it yet.

Also also, I need to get over to my brother-in-laws to pick up some Treehouse he scooped me up last week when he was up in Boston.

No kidding right? That #9 , I think aha, that was apricot flavors. They made some good stuff for back then and the art work was always cool.

Saranac was big for me as well being in upstate ny. I believe they sold out but way back in the day their beer was so good. Their pumpkin beer from back in the day is the best I ever had
#9, Electric Peel and Low Key were some good ones.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Might need some recommendations for Charlotte area breweries/brewpubs as my Carowinds trip might have a weather issue or two when there next week.

Kings Dominion area looks great for early week... late week/weekend in Charlotte not so much.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Might need some recommendations for Charlotte area breweries/brewpubs as my Carowinds trip might have a weather issue or two when there next week.

Kings Dominion area looks great for early week... late week/weekend in Charlotte not so much.
Leaving Saturday for Lake Norman! Haven't even looked at the weather lol

Obviously you have your go to Charlotte breweries in Sycamore and NoDa. Looks like Olde Mecklenburg is the go to for German beers and Sugar Creek is right down the street.

There's also a Victory/Southern Tier/Sixpoint beer hall down there too

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Leaving Saturday for Lake Norman! Haven't even looked at the weather lol

Obviously you have your go to Charlotte breweries in Sycamore and NoDa. Looks like Olde Mecklenburg is the go to for German beers and Sugar Creek is right down the street.

There's also a Victory/Southern Tier/Sixpoint beer hall down there too
Sycamore is the brewery for Carowinds so I'll get that in park :)

I had Mountain Candy and the beer they labeled for Copperhead Strike, a roller coaster, which is probably a offering they just relabel when I was there 2 years ago.

It's three days at each amusement park in case things like weather hits but I still like to prep for the chances.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

Besides the obvious stuff, Fonta Flora makes some damn fine wild ales if that’s up your alley. I haven’t been to the one in Charlotte though. Whippoorwill Farm is beautiful.

Reactions: dragonoffrost

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Besides the obvious stuff, Fonta Flora makes some damn fine wild ales if that’s up your alley. I haven’t been to the one in Charlotte though. Whippoorwill Farm is beautiful.
That's a great idea for a full day washout. It's about 1 1/2 hours from Carowinds so doable but only if the storms will close the park for the day.

But this and Burial could make a killer 1-2 punch in Charlotte for a quick couple hour storm. Then back to the park or if I don't want to stick around Friday night when Skillet is playing at the park.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Sierra Nevada and Flying Fish were probably my first forays into non-domestics. The Celebration Ale was a staple in my fridge every year.

Was? Celebration is still one of the beers i look forward to most.

they used to make a great brown ale that I haven't seen in ages

Sierra Nevada is synonymous with Narwahl for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad