The Loss of Broberg and Holloway Gripe Thread

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Me watching Broberg score against the Leafs ...

raining-sad.gif

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Just scoreboard checked for a moment and see that Broberg and Holloway already have a goal tonight. This really is a pretty shitty timeline lol or not so lol.
I haven't even touched on the Flames hot start and McLeod's 4 game goal scoring streak. Oof

Reactions: ArcKnight

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I think Cody Ceci is far from perfect but light years better than the 3 rotating cast of defenders we have now but I digress

Broberg would be leading the team in points by a d man if he was on this team, and bad news is he'll only get better the more he plays

You want Ceci back? We would entertain it.

• Haha
Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

grego

Jan 12, 2005
Saskatchewan
We may miss him one day. But he may also be another one of those euro players that feel entitled due to their talent that they deserve to play at the high level and don't need to work their way up and prove their value.

I agree Holland may take too long, but I also didn't like our old way of destroying young players by making them play beyond their ability, as the oilers had done in the past with a bunch of flame out young players

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
At the end of the day, this comes down to horrible asset management by Holland. Should have locked these guys up and dealt with Broberg's concerns better internally. We had a young top 4 D developed in the system and completey squandered it. So frustrating.J ca
Disagree. Lost it when JJ tried to outsmart any GM and didn't get a replacement prior to Holland leaving.
JJ caused this mess

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Just scoreboard checked for a moment and see that Broberg and Holloway already have a goal tonight. This really is a pretty shitty timeline lol or not so lol.
I haven't even touched on the Flames hot start and McLeod's 4 game goal scoring streak. Oof
It’s a kick in the teeth because edm is also struggling. If edm was lighting it up then them producing wouldn’t really matter as much. But everything is getting more magnified right now because of the oil struggles. Lol

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Thank the lord we signed Josh Brown to a multi year contract and other useless guys instead of matching these twats

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Its becoming very clear...the team traded Ceci and as a result they downgraded the defence.

Now they have to fix an even bigger problem (2nd pairing RHD) than they had last season.
Is that progress?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Its becoming very clear...the team traded Ceci and as a result they downgraded the defence.

Now they have to fix an even bigger problem (2nd pairing RHD) than they had last season.
Is that progress?

Didn’t we fix the RHd with Nurse :)

Jackson saw the future

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Is that progress?

Starting the season over the cap would have probably been an even bigger problem.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Starting the season over the cap would have probably been an even bigger problem.
There were obviously choices the team decided to make. There were a number of directions they could have taken (I'm including the time back during UFA season) and this was the path they decided to take.
My question was...is this progress?
I dont think it is.

Do you?

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Looks as if the Oilers were stunting growth for their young players by repeatedly force feeding McDrai all the offensive minutes. That plus the poison pill Nurse contract. Well done Oilers management.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Jeff Jackson's 1 offseason destroyed this team. He should be fired alongside Bowman.

Maybe they can compete for a cup when McDavid is 33 years old lmaoo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad