The Loss of Broberg and Holloway Gripe Thread

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If the Oilers gotten a 1st for Broberg, there wouldn't be so much complaining. Trust me, once we acquire that top 4 D at the deadline and Kane comes back healthy, we will forget about those 2

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I personally never seen much from either guy to justify the contracts or offer sheets. I don’t think we would be better off this season if we had kept them.

I will say that I think there is something wrong with this organization. Feels like the majority of outgoing players improve once they leave and incoming players do worse. Someone like McLeod has 4 goals already. Felt like he didn’t get his first goal here for months.

I don’t think the organization, coaches or leadership core are setting up other players for success. Certain players play too much. Other players don’t play enough. There were games where Broberg would play like 2 minutes. I don’t think this is a cohesive group where other players are valued.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Well since it's still somewhat fresh and it's obviously pissed off a lot of people here's a thread to keep this discussion in so that it doesn't spill into other threads.

My take is that Broberg can f*** right off and keep on f***ing off. He never had the stones to come in here and earn a job in camp based on his play and then demanded a trade. He wasn't the player that he was in the playoffs for us at any point prior to that and obviously needed that extra time in Bako whether he wants to admit it or not. Food for him that he's off to a good start. We'll see how he does once other teams start to get the book on him and playing him physical consistently.

For Holloway he likely thought that he was a big enough piece that we'd match him and well that didn't exactly work out for him. I liked the player but it is what it is.
And Holloway can f*** off too. They both chose to leave the Oilers.

Not directed at you, but time to move forward. Lamenting about something that can’t be changed, 2-3 months after is beyond silly.

But for those that feel a need to, thank you for moving it to a separate sound booth.

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Do some teams get demoted before the trade deadline? Will the Oilers not exist by the trade deadline?
You know exactly what I meant. They might not be in a playoff spot by the time the TDL rolls around. The way they're playing so far certainly isn't inspiring the fanbase, and think of the insane run they had to go on last year just to get into a decent spot in the standings. Home ice doesn't mean everything but it sure can help, and if we had home ice in the Finals last year we probably win the Cup.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Right, I forgot we're absolutely swimming in prospects right now.

Also you forget one very important thing. You have to GET to the trade deadline first.
Well considering the prospect that went for Ekholm was Schaefer, Savoie or O' reilly will suffice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad