• The Pink Panthers

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Bettman spent so much time trying to grow the small southern markets that he ignored his biggest market up north. The NBA is overtaking the NHL in Canada now which is crazy.
Basketball was invented by a Canadian. Not incredibly surprising actually. It's also affordable to play. The NHL has its problems and are hurting themselves constantly but hockey has always been a sport for the well off and wealthy. That doesn't help either.

I never got the chance to play ice hockey though I loved street / ball hockey. For quite some time my dad was unemployed (in the early 2000s and I can only imagine how much worse the cost is today) when I was very young and as a family we barely got by. We couldn't afford it. If only there was a way to make it affordable to everyone who had the desire to play it. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: yukoner88

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Bettman spent so much time trying to grow the small southern markets that he ignored his biggest market up north. The NBA is overtaking the NHL in Canada now which is crazy.
Bettman is such a dinosaur. He bungled the diversity issue, he bungled the inclusivity issue, he's ignoring millions of fans on the officiating issue (this is purely ego), he's surrounded himself with idiots (Colin Campbell). He has no idea how to market the game, he has no clue how to put the spotlight on its star players (no one wants to see McDavid get hooked and slashed- we want to see the incredible skill). He needs to go

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Honestly, I'm curious to see what happens with the cap after increases were deliberately limited due to Covid debt payoff, plus swapping what was the worst market for income to one that should at least be average.

The cap shot up near 10mil the few years after Vegas joined the league, and I don't think SEA has been much worse from a revenue standpoint.

If I was a betting man, I'd wager the 26/27 breaks the century mark.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Honestly, I'm curious to see what happens with the cap after increases were deliberately limited due to Covid debt payoff, plus swapping what was the worst market for income to one that should at least be average.

The cap shot up near 10mil the few years after Vegas joined the league, and I don't think SEA has been much worse from a revenue standpoint.

They've been telegraphing for a while that the cap will jump at least $4M/year for the next two years. Wouldn't surprise me to see that continue.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

That also coincided with high escrow at 14% of their salaries being withheld and in the end nearly 10% of their salary was returned to the owners. PA then stopped using escalator and want to limit any money they owe the nhl in around 5% or under.

There is still a catch up from Covid. So see how the next 2 salary caps go up In 25/26 and 26/27

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I have to laugh at the posters telling me how the east was so weak.
Oilers are getting killed, haven’t won a game, can barely score yet the Rangers beat Florida twice.
Ya, some here think they know it all, turns out they don’t know shit.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I have to laugh at the posters telling me how the east was so weak.
Oilers are getting killed, haven’t won a game, can barely score yet the Rangers beat Florida twice.
Ya, some here think they know it all, turns out they don’t know shit.

You also said that Florida had no difference makers. ;)

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
You also said that Florida had no difference makers. ;)
Ya, still waiting.
And what exactly were your comments, maybe I’ll go dig those up lmao

I looked through your comments, nothing but posting other people’s comments. You never say anything unless it’s slamming other teams stars, grow a pair and tell us all what’s wrong with our stars.

Last edited:

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Markstrom traded to New Jersey, Flames are next few years just giving points left and right like free candy.

They might be the worst team in Pacific.

Must be nice for Pooperdeau, Coleman and Kadri play there.

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Flames had to distract themselves from what's going on so they had to make a trade.

Still, it's the correct move for that franchise, just a bit too late.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
I’m shocked, great work by Blake

I’m sure it hurts to turn Vilardi and Iafallo into Kuemper but he had to get out of that deal

The Capitals are nuts
Yup, quite impressive what Blake was able to do here, don't think anyone in the LA org will care much about Vilardi & Iafallo after getting rid of PLD.
No idea what the Caps have in mind, they got out of the Kuzy deal and probably hope for a similar redemption with PLD. Good luck with that, lol.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
and the money they saved. PLD was 11 days from a FULL NMC. They sent out 59.8 mill and took back 15.750 mill.

Is Calgary going to blow themselves up real good? Devils made out good today, They needed a goalie and got on.
It's what they should've done when Gaudreau and Tkachuk walked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad