Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Here's my draft hot take:
I like Yakemchuk more than Lev.

How is that a hot take? Yakemchuk is my favorite defenseman in this class. I was in on him before it was cool (and I'm on record in saying Dickinson will end up being the best defenseman in this class).

Now if you would've said you like Jiricek more than Levshunov then that's a different story.

Reactions: Malaka

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Here's my draft hot take:
I like Yakemchuk more than Lev.
Yakemchuk’s skating and defense scare me. He’s electric with the puck on his stick in the offensive zone but otherwise, he leaves a lot to be desired. There’s definitely a path for him to become a top-pairing D, but I do worry about his game. He also has inconsistent handles especially in his own zone.

Reactions: Malaka

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Craig Button made a great case for Demidov on CHGO.
Watching it, He thinks Demidov is better than Michkov, I'm not seeing that at all. If that was how i felt about Demidov, yeah I'd be all all his train too.

Michkov to me amazed with better finish and ability to make playing tight around the net. I don't see Demidov at that level

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I just watched Craig Buttin being interviewed on the Lev-Demidov at#2 debate..

He has Demidov ranked 2nd overall and Levshunov only at #8andvonly 3rd in highest ranking for the dmen behind Buium and Parekh..
He has Iginla at #3overall..

Others too are not thatvhoghbonLevshunpv...

Hockey Prospects.com only has Levshunov 10th overall...And the poorest rankings I came across on was samMcGilligan on a Scouchibgvyoutube giving both hosxand Will Scouch's final top 42 rankings.. Levshunov was 35th onMcGilligan's final list and Scouch I believe had hom late first...they really did not care much for Levshunov...not really elite enough in offense and tgey cited defensive flaws in decision-making...

WhikecLev isxa good skater and 4 way mobile,and whikevhe has good gaps andxagendas goidxstock,hisxspatialvawaremenes when the opps are bussing aroubdvin his zone can be abit chaotic ...taking him out of position..

I'm my own eye test I wanted to see more special essays from him....more dynamism...did notvseevit.Maybe he can work on and improve his reads...But I agree with Craig Button...Lev looks more like Seabrook impact..ie. maybe 2nd Dman on a top pairing...notvthe #1D on an ekite top pairing ...or maybe the lead dman on 2ndvoairing...Bit NOT that special top #1diferebce-mKer star whether that isxan offensive contributor who controls games or lije Keith a shutdown defender who controls games

I do notcsee Levshunov as a controller of a game either offebsivekyvor defensively to the degree necessary..

Keith could control the game.. Seabrook...goodxas he was ,was not the controller ofvthe game...he wss 2nd fiddleto Keith.Lev has the potential to be a good 2nd fiddlebut notca high enough cekinhvto be that top echelomDnan

So I cannot believe KD woukd takev him over Demidov...

Lev can beca very good pkayer..ButcDemidov has gifts in his talent that could makevhimma Kucheriv

I agree with Button..hardxto pass on such potebtial for hiscceiling..

Reactions: Geoist and Bedarded

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I
If it is Levshunov I’d really prefer to see him back at Michigan State for another year. I think getting to play a second year at the same level would go a long way towards addressing whatever concerns that may exist about his processing/decision making

Agreed 1000%

And if he ends up in Rockford he needs to spend the entire season there.

Reactions: Larmer83

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
I've gone back and forth between Demi and Lev, and I honestly think either is fine. What I don't understand is the general consensus on this board that Lev is some safe, high floor, low ceiling jack-of-all-trades 2-way D.

Lev is an offensive defensemen. He had one of the best statistical seasons for a freshmen defensemen, which I think is being overshadowed due to Zeev's insane season. He's great in transition, moves pucks, skates well, etc. His main flaws are that he's raw with decision making and defensive play, but that's to be expected given his path and he's made lots of progress over the past 2 seasons.

His ceiling is incredibly high as a 6'2" offensive defensemen with loads of skill and the skating build to become a great defensive player. I don't get why he's being lumped into the safe, boring defenseman category, that's not what he is.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
I've gone back and forth between Demi and Lev, and I honestly think either is fine. What I don't understand is the general consensus on this board that Lev is some safe, high floor, low ceiling jack-of-all-trades 2-way D.

Lev is an offensive defensemen. He had one of the best statistical seasons for a freshmen defensemen, which I think is being overshadowed due to Zeev's insane season. He's great in transition, moves pucks, skates well, etc. His main flaws are that he's raw with decision making and defensive play, but that's to be expected given his path and he's made lots of progress over the past 2 seasons.

His ceiling is incredibly high as a 6'2" offensive defensemen with loads of skill and the skating build to become a great defensive player. I don't get why he's being lumped into the safe, boring defenseman category, that's not what he is.
Agreed with this. I get preferring Demidov because I have Demidov ranked higher too, but Levshunov absolutely has a ceiling of a top pairing D in the mold of a Noah Dobson type where he can comfortably play in any situation.

Reactions: Giovi

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Don't get me wrong, I still like Lev. But if you're going to take a D, trade down and grab Yak at 5 or something. I'd think the Habs would love to guarantee themselves Demidov.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Watching it, He thinks Demidov is better than Michkov, I'm not seeing that at all. If that was how i felt about Demidov, yeah I'd be all all his train too.

Michkov to me amazed with better finish and ability to make playing tight around the net. I don't see Demidov at that level

Agreed. It's asinine in my opinion. Sure Demidov is the better 2 way player but he isn't nearly the dynamic talent as Michkov. That would be like people saying Celebrini is the better prospect than Bedard because he's the better 2 way player.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Agreed. It's asinine in my opinion. Sure Demidov is the better 2 way player but he isn't nearly the dynamic talent as Michkov. That would be like people saying Celebrini is the better prospect than Bedard because he's the better 2 way player.
I actually prefer Demidov to Michkov.

Michkov is such a 1 way player, that I get pretty annoyed watching him. He just camps at the blueline for the outlet pass. If he becomes a 80+ point player, then fine you overlook that, but if not then he just winds up one of those empty stat guys that are irrelevant in the playoffs.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I actually prefer Demidov to Michkov.

Michkov is such a 1 way player, that I get pretty annoyed watching him. He just camps at the blueline for the outlet pass. If he becomes a 80+ point player, then fine you overlook that, but if not then he just winds up one of those empty stat guys that are irrelevant in the playoffs.
That he doesn't shy at all from the net front makes me think he won't be a non factor

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

One more day till this kid is a Blackhawk!

3d-render-of-white-smoke-smoke-rises-and-fills-the-space-fog-white-and-gray-smoke-background.jpg

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com

Last Button mock draft.

He has us taking Demidov.
With Craig Button being the Jim Cramer of hockey that’s not a good sign if you’re team Demidov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad