GDT: Around The League 2023-24: Post Season of Misery and What-Ifs :(

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins the East?

• Walker, New York Rangers

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • The Pink Panthers

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Maybe they get Singh
200w.gif

Take Louie with him. I used to defend Louie a lot but this season he went ridiculous. Nearly every Oilers goal “they’re gonna take a look at this”.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Speaking of Cuck fans, I came across this today and I was truly impressed at the amount of self-pity, insecurity, and abject stupidity this loser managed to fit into a few hundred words.

Nothing says "we don't care" like writing multiple articles about how everyone hates you. But I think my fave part is this:

lol. lmao, even.

Funny too he doesn’t care enough to correct his own dumb ass on “first round pick” vs “first overall pick”. That trash org has plenty of first round picks (plenty that have been squandered on junk like Juolevi and the very same Virtanen he mentioned).

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Speaking of Cuck fans, I came across this today and I was truly impressed at the amount of self-pity, insecurity, and abject stupidity this loser managed to fit into a few hundred words.

Nothing says "we don't care" like writing multiple articles about how everyone hates you. But I think my fave part is this:

lol. lmao, even.

It seems like every idiotic Cuck fan has his own blog, must be some kind of team competition to find the dumbest fan on the planet. So far it’s a tie between all of them.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Funny too he doesn’t care enough to correct his own dumb ass on “first round pick” vs “first overall pick”. That trash org has plenty of first round picks (plenty that have been squandered on junk like Juolevi and the very same Virtanen he mentioned).
It seems like every idiotic Cuck fan has his own blog, must be some kind of team competition to find the dumbest fan on the planet. So far it’s a tie between all of them.

It’s the most toxic f***ing fan base in all of Hockey.

Every little thing triggers them. Every little thing, they have to stick their noses in.

And when they are in a corner, resorts to shitting on cities.

I find it hilarious that Flames fans are “joining” their Panthers wagon when Nucks fans shit on Calgary city proper a lot as well lol

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Does anybody else here just keep a permanent tab open on their computer or phone of Calgary pucks Florida Edmonton thread? It's so entertaining

Just refresh it once a day and catch up. Paulie walnuts is hilarious. Pretty sure I found him on Instagram with the same name commenting the same things on oiler posts lol

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It’s the most toxic f***ing fan base in all of Hockey.

Every little thing triggers them. Every little thing, they have to stick their noses in.

And when they are in a corner, resorts to shitting on cities.

I find it hilarious that Flames fans are “joining” their Panthers wagon when Nucks fans shit on Calgary city proper a lot as well lol

I love how in the thread on the mains the dichotomy you would see in a single post.

"EVERY TEAM HAS BAD FANS, YOU CAN'T APPLY THAT TO THE WHOLE GROUP, NOT FAIR!"

*within the same post*

"ALBERTANS ARE STUPID, THEY DON'T EDUCATE YOU THERE, ITS f***ING COLD 9 MONTHS OF THE YEAR AND ALL YOU HAVE IS A MALL."

As they feign victimhood every single time people dare suggest that their fanbase is a little bit uniquely poisonous they write shit like this.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I love how in the thread on the mains the dichotomy you would see in a single post.

"EVERY TEAM HAS BAD FANS, YOU CAN'T APPLY THAT TO THE WHOLE GROUP, NOT FAIR!"

*within the same post*

"ALBERTANS ARE STUPID, THEY DON'T EDUCATE YOU THERE, ITS f***ING COLD 9 MONTHS OF THE YEAR AND ALL YOU HAVE IS A MALL."

As they feign victimhood every single time people dare suggest that their fanbase is a little bit uniquely poisonous they write shit like this.
Lol that thread was hilarious and proved Gazdic points. So many unhinged Canucks thread went full toxic exactly as Gazdic said they are.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Lol that thread was hilarious and proved Gazdic points. So many unhinged Canucks thread went full toxic exactly as Gazdic said they are.
Both Gazdik is unhinged for saying what he did and nucks fans have generally been idiotic in what they post on Social media. Both things can be true.

But how on Earth does Gazdik expect he can say what he stated regarding an Snet rightsholding fanbase. What he did is stupid beyond belief. A primer in how to lose your job in minutes. Assuming he has. I can't see this going away either, or Gazdik being more controlled in refraining from outbursts in the future.

In anycase Gazdik said what he did in professional position. None of the Nucks idiots are getting fired from social media. Gazdik has to realize he can't just trade like an imbecile. Not if he wants to be an on air broadcaster.

I hope he enjoyed his meltdown. I wonder if he even thought of ramifications. His petulant "hope you enjoy me doing the SC finals was probably his worst straw and the pushback on that, and him not being on SC final is fully deserved.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Both Gazdik is unhinged for saying what he did and nucks fans have generally been idiotic in what they post on Social media. Both things can be true.

But how on Earth does Gazdik expect he can say what he stated regarding an Snet rightsholding fanbase. What he did is stupid beyond belief. A primer in how to lose your job in minutes. Assuming he has. I can't see this going away either, or Gazdik being more controlled in refraining from outbursts in the future.

In anycase Gazdik said what he did in professional position. None of the Nucks idiots are getting fired from social media. Gazdik has to realize he can't just trade like an imbecile. Not if he wants to be an on air broadcaster.

I hope he enjoyed his meltdown. I wonder if he even thought of ramifications. His petulant "hope you enjoy me doing the SC finals was probably his worst straw and the pushback on that, and him not being on SC final is fully deserved.
It was unprofessional for sure. And a moment of emotion taking over rationality. But let’s not blow this overboard, all he said was “The Nucks are a Joke”.

That statement doesn’t even you get an infraction on HF Boards lol. Considering Gazdic was so heated from the absolute vile that was sent at him and his family, I think that that being the worst to come out of his rant probably shows he has good nature and character. Like really it was such a tame shot at their fanbase.

In any case, Gazdic should be fine. Friedman has already come to his defence. As has sportsnets in an email to a fan trying to request his firing. On 32 thoughts today Friedman was joking and asking why Vancouverites were so angry…. This will be an incident that gets buried and forgotten.

Reactions: frag2 and TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
It was unprofessional for sure. And a moment of emotion taking over rationality. But let’s not blow this overboard, all he said was “The Nucks are a Joke”.

That statement doesn’t even you get an infraction on HF Boards lol. Considering Gazdic was so heated from the absolute vile that was sent at him and his family, I think that that being the worst to come out of his rant probably shows he has good nature and character. Like really it was such a tame shot at their fanbase.

In any case, Gazdic should be fine. Friedman has already come to his defence. As has sportsnets in an email to a fan trying to request his firing. On 32 thoughts today Friedman was joking and asking why Vancouverites were so angry…. This will be an incident that gets buried and forgotten.
Its professional business. You CANNOT be saying that kind of shit about a rightsholding team in same league you're broadcasting. period.

Whether Gazdik survives this or not is a question. But whether Gazdik who exercised such poor professional judgment will learn from it and avoid same is anybodies guess.

But I'm one of many that feel Gazdik offers nothing to a panel or broadcast. He's wrong on so many things.

Yeah there was nothing tame about what Gazdik said about a fanbase and attempts to equivocate with what can be stated on hf is nonsense. We are not held to professional standard here. We're just moderated.

Reactions: Paradise Circus

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Its professional business. You CANNOT be saying that kind of shit about a rightsholding team in same league you're broadcasting. period.

Whether Gazdik survives this or not is a question. But whether Gazdik who exercised such poor professional judgment will learn from it and avoid same is anybodies guess.

But I'm one of many that feel Gazdik offers nothing to a panel or broadcast. He's wrong on so many things.

Yeah there was nothing tame about what Gazdik said about a fanbase and attempts to equivocate with what can be stated on hf is nonsense. We are not held to professional standard here. We're just moderated.
You should hear the stuff guys like O-Dog says about the Oilers if we’re ever on a losing streak. Even Bissonette and Whitney have thriving media careers while taking dumps on NHL teams and fanbases. Maybe they aren’t SN media rights holders or whatever, but they operate fine as media personalities with light chirps at entire franchises and fanbases.

What Gazdic did was a light chirp said with emotion. I can tell you SN won’t be cancelling his career over it. Who knows if he’ll learn from it, but I bet he does, I can just tell he has that Boy Scout type personality where he’ll fall in line easily. This guy is no rebel.

You overestimate the “professional standards” of SN. The same SN filled with Toronto homers and underhanded under the breath jabs at teams. Now should it be this way? Nah. But it is.

Reactions: frag2 and TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
You should hear the stuff guys like O-Dog says about the Oilers if we’re ever on a losing streak. Even Bissonette and Whitney have thriving media careers while taking dumps on NHL teams and fanbases. Maybe they aren’t SN media rights holders or whatever, but they operate fine as media personalities with light chirps at entire franchises and fanbases.

What Gazdic did was a light chirp said with emotion. I can tell you SN won’t be cancelling his career over it. Who knows if he’ll learn from it, but I bet he does, I can just tell he has that Boy Scout type personality where he’ll fall in line easily. This guy is no rebel.

You overestimate the “professional standards” of SN. The same SN filled with Toronto homers and underhanded under the breath jabs at teams. Now should it be this way? Nah. But it is.
O Dog shouldn't be on the air. Grade A idiot. But in that case its a broadcaster flaming a non rightsholding team. Its poor form, he's a complete shit, but Gaz is flaming the biggest market that Snet has rights to. you can't do that. Its fiscally irresponsible.

Gazdic is a moron. Two years in a row predicted "no way LA is making playoffs" he had Calgary making playoffs this year, and this year figured the preds would make a big playoff push. He actually bought into that. So many examples where he's just flat out wrong. he adds nothing of merit to broadcasts.

A boyscout personality doesn't fall right into a shit storm like this through his own actions. Its the classic guy that doesn't understand that what he says one place can impact his livelihood in same domain.

i don't agree at all that what Gazdic said was a light chirp.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
O Dog shouldn't be on the air. Grade A idiot. But in that case its a broadcaster flaming a non rightsholding team. Its poor form, he's a complete shit, but Gaz is flaming the biggest market that Snet has rights to. you can't do that. Its fiscally irresponsible.

Gazdic is a moron. Two years in a row predicted "no way LA is making playoffs" he had Calgary making playoffs this year, and this year figured the preds would make a big playoff push. He actually bought into that. So many examples where he's just flat out wrong. he adds nothing of merit to broadcasts.

A boyscout personality doesn't fall right into a shit storm like this through his own actions. Its the classic guy that doesn't understand that what he says one place can impact his livelihood in same domain.

i don't agree at all that what Gazdic said was a light chirp.
It’s only fiscally irresponsible if you take the Nucks fans outrage at their word. I don’t buy it, they aren’t that pissed about “Nucks are a joke”. They see an Oiler fan, they see a chance to cancel said Oiler fan, and they are going to use their manufactured outrage to try to do just that.

That’s my estimation of the whole situation, cause “Nucks are a Joke” is barely a chirp. It’s a tame nothing statement. Cmon man, we are on Hf boards, all we do is chirp fanbases, we do this a living! (Jk), we know what’s truly toxic and what’s not.

You can it was unprofessional though or a bad business decision sure. But the tame chirp is still pretty tame. Any other fanbase hears that same statement and they don’t outrage like the riotous Nucks fanbase. This is who they are.

I do agree Gazdic ain’t a great analyst though. But whatever, he’s on a panel with Hrudey who’s the worst in the business. And like I’ve said in the past, it’s ALWAYS a good thing to have more Oilers allies in media.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
It’s only fiscally irresponsible if you take the Nucks fans outrage at their word. I don’t buy it, they aren’t that pissed about “Nucks are a joke”. They see an Oiler fan, they see a chance to cancel said Oiler fan, and they are going to use their manufactured outrage to try to do just that.

That’s my estimation of the whole situation, cause “Nucks are a Joke” is barely a chirp. It’s a tame nothing statement. Cmon man, we are on Hf boards, all we do is chirp fanbases, we do this a living! (Jk), we know what’s truly toxic and what’s not.

You can it was unprofessional though or a bad business decision sure. But the tame chirp is still pretty tame. Any other fanbase hears that same statement and they don’t outrage like the riotous Nucks fanbase. This is who they are.

I do agree Gazdic ain’t a great analyst though. But whatever, he’s on a panel with Hrudey who’s the worst in the business. And like I’ve said in the past, it’s ALWAYS a good thing to have more Oilers allies in media.
Its really not actually a war. heh

Plus the Oilers don't really need allies. We have the best hockey Army on the planet. ;)

Gaz went beyond mile chirping:

"nucks fans are the biggest losers"

"amount of hate"

"the most garbage gibberish trash I've ever seen"

"you're teams a joke, you're a buncha losers"

Gazdic isn't just flaming a fanbase with this he's stooping to a level of "your mom wears army boots and you're bastard losers'' Its incomprehensible to me that a broadcaster with any sense would go to this level. he can't just pretend to be a fan giving an opponent fanbase gears. he went way beyond that.

The desperation for Gaz apparently has to even pander on this level to our fanbase suggests he really has no competence to offer.

he's made himself into the complete joke.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Plus the Oilers don't really need allies. We have the best hockey Army on the planet. ;)

"amount of hate"

Gazdic isn't just flaming a fanbase with this he's stooping to a level of "your mom wears army boots and you're bastard losers'' Its incomprehensible to me that a broadcaster with any sense would go to this level. he can't just pretend to be a fan giving an opponent fanbase gears. he went way beyond that.

The desperation for Gaz apparently has to even pander on this level to our fanbase suggests he really has no competence to offer.

Well the “losers” thing is worse. But still nowhere near as toxic as what was said to him. And nowhere close to how toxic the Nucks fanbase was in general. Can you see it from his view point though? For making an analyst prediction on who was going to win the series the Nucks went after him and his Family on a toxic level. What if the Nucks fans went after him to draw this result and get an Oilers fan fired? Don’t let the toxic Nucks fanbase get their little win, in their minds, a win over the Oilers.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

"amount of hate"

Oh lord

• Haha
Reactions: TB12 and Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Well the “losers” thing is worse. But still nowhere near as toxic as what was said to him. And nowhere close to how toxic the Nucks fanbase was in general. Can you see it from his view point though? For making an analyst prediction on who was going to win the series the Nucks went after him and his Family on a toxic level. What if the Nucks fans went after him to draw this result and get an Oilers fan fired? Don’t let the toxic Nucks fanbase get their little win, in their minds, a win over the Oilers.
I view Gazdic as a loss for the Oilers. That might be PTSD for times he played here, and having to see him play. ;)

Trying to lighten things up here.

I expected at least a meme or gif or something from you. heh

• Haha
Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I view Gazdic as a loss for the Oilers. That might be PTSD for times he played here, and having to see him play. ;)

Trying to lighten things up here.

I expected at least a meme or gif or something from you. heh
Lol I’m not even a huge Gazdic fan. Player or analyst, he’s just so vanilla. There’s not much there. BUT I’m not letting the Nucks and their No Cups rage take out an Oilers fan. Not over that comment. In my mind, it wouldn’t be just. So I will defend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad