GDT: Around The League 2023-24: Post Season of Misery and What-Ifs :(

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins the East?

• Walker, New York Rangers

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • The Pink Panthers

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Watching Nuck fans continue to completely mentally unwind and be 100% fixated on the Oilers is f***ing hilarious. They are having a complete melt down over Luke Gazdic’s comments.

They have the collective maturity of grade school students. To the point where it starts to speak to the character of people there in general. Their behavior is ridiculous.
I don’t think I have ever seen a fanbase be so obsessed with the team that punted them out of the playoffs.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I don’t think I have ever seen a fanbase be so obsessed with the team that punted them out of the playoffs.

Nearly spit out my coffee this morning scrolling through twitter. Some Nuck idiot posted a clip of Mikheyev missing the breakaway in one of the Games with the caption "what could have been."

They're equal parts immature, stupid and delusional.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Nearly spit out my coffee this morning scrolling through twitter. Some Nuck idiot posted a clip of Mikheyev missing the breakaway in one of the Games with the caption "what could have been."

They're equal parts immature, stupid and delusional.
Seriously
giphy.gif

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Great career. One of the best I’ve ever seen at deflections. Just uncanny hand eye coordination.

What's crazy is he was a threat at both ends of a power play. Earlier in his career the Sharks were playing him at the point and he had some success there only to become a solid net front/deflection player down the road.

Not many guys can sustain his level of play for as long as he did and it appears that he retired basically at the exact moment the wheels seemed to finally fall off in the playoffs. I didn't watch a ton of Stars games in the playoffs before our series, so I was fully expecting him to be a factor. In the end you could have told me he didn't play in the series and I would have believed you.

Kudos to him to calling it a career when his game called for it.

ozhenson

Jul 26, 2007
I dont know if its been mentioned on here, but Next Man Up on youtube has been doing an excellent series on the playoffs as theyve been going on. Made for some really fun watching. I believe this one here is the final episode in the series, but with the fun run weve been on its absolutely worth going back and starting at #1

Reactions: Oilhawks

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

This is what happens when you are Oilers' Connor McDavid and buy your own booze​

Video shows how McDavid's liquor store trip with his fiancé took an 'embarrassing' turn

Not sure if this has been posted before, but absolutely cringe worthy and embarrassing. A bunch of idiots harrassing him. Meaning well, but Jeezus, give the man some personal space. What the hell is wrong with some people?

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010

This is what happens when you are Oilers' Connor McDavid and buy your own booze​

Video shows how McDavid's liquor store trip with his fiancé took an 'embarrassing' turn

Not sure if this has been posted before, but absolutely cringe worthy and embarrassing. A bunch of idiots harrassing him. Meaning well, but Jeezus, give the man some personal space. What the hell is wrong with some people?
Brutal, the one guys sits in back for a second as well, not acceptable.

But McDavid needs to get on Skip or Uber or whatever the service that delivers beer and coolers. Or have one of the equipment guys pick it up for him.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Brutal, the one guys sits in back for a second as well, not acceptable.

But McDavid needs to get on Skip or Uber or whatever the service that delivers beer and coolers. Or have one of the equipment guys pick it up for him.
McDavid probably ordered booze through Uber once and watched the guy pick up the order from the South-central liquor store pick-up location, then watched the guy spend 45 minutes driving around the Millwoods area before finally heading to me, who was waiting 5 minutes from the liquor store pick-up location.

That's what happened to me last weekend! And I still gave the bastard a 5 star. Why did I do that? WHY?!

Those people though.. f*** them. I don't think McDavid will ever pick up his own booze in Edmonton ever again. All thanks to these completely classless and clueless lunatics. Should have sent Kass and his biker crew to sign autographs after :P

Reactions: frag2 and Oilhawks

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
McDavid probably ordered booze through Uber once and watched the guy pick up the order from the South-central liquor store pick-up location, then watched the guy spend 45 minutes driving around the Millwoods area before finally heading to me, who was waiting 5 minutes from the liquor store pick-up location.

That's what happened to me last weekend! And I still gave the bastard a 5 star. Why did I do that? WHY?!

Those people though.. f*** them. I don't think McDavid will ever pick up his own booze in Edmonton ever again. All thanks to these completely classless and clueless lunatics. Should have sent Kass and his biker crew to sign autographs after :P
Now that I think about it, he probably doesn't want anyone delivering to house. But that big clown Brad Harrison should be able to organize a booze delivery for him.

Reactions: ZJuice

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Plot twist: this video revealed McDavid is a closet binge drinker :laugh:.

Honestly though, sure it’s a bad look on the fans but judging by the accents they weren’t born in Canada so they’re pretty star-struck and if you look how fans mob other pro athletes in other countries, it’s likely a cultural thing.

Just wear a disguise. Keep sunglasses and a “Wine me, dine me, sixty-nine me” mesh back hat in the trunk with a shitty old plaid coat and no one would ever guess it was him.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

If I made the money he does I'd probably just hire a personal assistant to do all this stuff. I know that Gretzky didn't like to go out in public in Edmonton when he was an Oiler (he was always paranoid someone would want to stab/beat up Gretzky just to say they did it) and I can see why. If anything it might be worse today due to clowns carrying around phones thinking it's ok to just throw it in your face at their deicresion.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015

Honestly though, sure it’s a bad look on the fans but judging by the accents they weren’t born in Canada so they’re pretty star-struck and if you look how fans mob other pro athletes in other countries, it’s likely a cultural thing.

Just wear a disguise. Keep sunglasses and a “Wine me, dine me, sixty-nine me” mesh back hat in the trunk with a shitty old plaid coat and no one would ever guess it was him.
At least it wasn't bud light. I don't think he could recover from that.

Reactions: bellagiobob

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Watching Nuck fans continue to completely mentally unwind and be 100% fixated on the Oilers is f***ing hilarious. They are having a complete melt down over Luke Gazdic’s comments.

They have the collective maturity of grade school students. To the point where it starts to speak to the character of people there in general. Their behavior is ridiculous.

They’re now saying they’ll watch the US feed, boycotting Sportsnet if Gazdic is still on the panel

A. Rogers don’t care
B. No you won’t

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
They’re now saying they’ll watch the US feed, boycotting Sportsnet if Gazdic is still on the panel

A. Rogers don’t care
B. No you won’t

Rogers didn’t care when Bieksa called out Edmonton media employed by Roger’s, which he did on national tv. They certainly won’t care what Luke did on a private podcast. Biznasty constantly runs down teams on his podcast, TNT could care less. Drums up more viewers for them. Cuck fans aren’t smart enough to figure out how to watch the US broadcast anyhow.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

Yeah, I don't think they meant any harm. Just beside themselves to see McDavid. I don't think culturally , although some cultures are warm and touchy in nature, it would make a difference. A lot of people would swarm around him. A superstar of the the Big 4.
McDavid should just start moonshining at his house. He should have his own brand of liquor by now anyway. lol

Reactions: bellagiobob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad