GDT: Around The League 2023-24: Post Season of Misery and What-Ifs :(

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who wins the East?

• Walker, New York Rangers

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • The Pink Panthers

Votes: 28 62.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
The Canucks had excellent goaltending in the series. Would Demko have given them better goaltending?

Demko is sometimes "streaky."

These seem to be 2 overlooked facts.

Reactions: oobga and Oilhawks

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Vancouver is a fanbase that still treats a losing team (94) with the same prestige the Oilers hold the dynasty to.

They still whine and cry about Mark Messier 25 years after he stopped having anything to do with their franchise.

They still cry about Tim Thomas taking the Sedins lunch money in 2011.

Exhibit A - This is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a Stanley Cup final.

Now that the meany Oilers ended their season, watch SN air documentaries and specials for decades how the villainous City of Edmonton crushed their "What if" fantasies with bone breaking reality

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Brutal, the one guys sits in back for a second as well, not acceptable.

But McDavid needs to get on Skip or Uber or whatever the service that delivers beer and coolers. Or have one of the equipment guys pick it up for him.
Or he can just lock himself in his house, only to go out for games and practices.:sarcasm: People need to back the f*** off and let people breathe.

Yeah, I don't think they meant any harm. Just beside themselves to see McDavid. I don't think culturally , although some cultures are warm and touchy in nature, it would make a difference. A lot of people would swarm around him. A superstar of the the Big 4.
McDavid should just start moonshining at his house. He should have his own brand of liquor by now anyway. lol
I'm not really buying the big fandom part of their actions. Never asked for an autograph, but wanted to get themselves on film with him, probably looking to get lots of likes on line, etc. But I think this will backfire for them. And it has little to do with specifically buying booze. This could have happened if he picked up a prescription, went to the grocery store, to the movies, etc, etc. As some have said, might have a cultural twist to it, but still, no excuse.

Last edited:

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Or he can just lock himself in his house, only to go out for games and practices.:sarcasm: People need to back the f*** off and let people breathe.

I'm not really buying the big fandom part of their actions. Never asked for an autograph, but wanted to get themselves on film with him, probably looking to get lots of likes on line, etc. But I think this will backfire for them. And it has little to do with specifically buying booze. This could have happened if he picked up a prescription, went to the grocery store, to the movies, etc, etc. As some have said, might have a cultural twist to it, but still, no excuse.
These days, they all want to get on film and get their likes in. Why? Aren't you on Tiktok yet? .. 😂

Reactions: Stoneman89

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The Canucks had excellent goaltending in the series. Would Demko have given them better goaltending?

Demko is sometimes "streaky."

These seem to be 2 overlooked facts.

Their underdog goalie being their best player of the series tells pretty much the whole story. Skinner gifted them games as well and needed a wake-up. They were lucky to get our worst hockey of the playoffs outside of the last couple games.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010

I'm not condoning what those ass-wipes were doing, its brutal. I also didn't like the old airport couple clinging on to McDavid a couple of years ago, there was another one recently too. But he needs to protect himself and his fiancé, people are stupid and not held accountable for anything they do nowadays.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Rogers didn’t care when Bieksa called out Edmonton media employed by Roger’s, which he did on national tv. They certainly won’t care what Luke did on a private podcast. Biznasty constantly runs down teams on his podcast, TNT could care less. Drums up more viewers for them. Cuck fans aren’t smart enough to figure out how to watch the US broadcast anyhow.
"Barb I've been waving a white towel over my head for 34 minutes and I still can't get to the broadcast. Are you sure this is how it works?"

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Speaking of Cuck fans, I came across this today and I was truly impressed at the amount of self-pity, insecurity, and abject stupidity this loser managed to fit into a few hundred words.

So rather than burying him, let’s celebrate Gazdic for his confirming, once again, that the whole world, including the on-air talent at the CBC, f***ing hates us. To quote the great prophet Johnny Rotten in the Sex Pistols’ “Pretty Vacant”: “We don’t care.”

Nothing says "we don't care" like writing multiple articles about how everyone hates you. But I think my fave part is this:

The man bleeds blue and orange, this despite the fact the Edmonton Oilers have won precisely zero Stanley Cups for the past 34 years. Imagine accomplishing less than nothing despite having three first-round picks in the past 15 years.

You know how many first-round picks the Canucks have had in their half-century of woes? If you guessed absolutely goddamn none, you win a signed Jake Virtanen jersey.

lol. lmao, even.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Vancouver is a fanbase that still treats a losing team (94) with the same prestige the Oilers hold the dynasty to.

They still whine and cry about Mark Messier 25 years after he stopped having anything to do with their franchise.

Exhibit A - This is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a Stanley Cup final.

Now that the meany Oilers ended their season, watch SN air documentaries and specials for decades how the villainous City of Edmonton crushed their "What if" fantasies with bone breaking reality

Man the Sedins dove like crazy those playoffs. Especially against CHicago.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

That leg extension after he falls is next level. Pettersson and rest of Canucks are getting to learn from the best.

Man the Sedins dove like crazy those playoffs. Especially against CHicago.

Worked like a charm too. Until the finals when Colin Campbell's son was on the other team, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad