GDT: The Hurricanes Play a Bunch of Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Team lacks leadership. (Staal)
Team is gassed. (Rod)
PP is abysmal (Rod)
No firepower whatsoever. (Borg)

Plenty of blame to go around but most of this ultimately falls on Rod.
Not blaming this all on Rod when we got borderline nhl guys playing top minutes lol he can only work with what’s given I’m sorry there just isn’t enough talent on this team outside the obvious players

Reactions: DaveG

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Team lacks leadership. (Staal)
Team is gassed. (Rod)
PP is abysmal (Rod)
No firepower whatsoever. (Borg)

Plenty of blame to go around but most of this ultimately falls on Rod.
I mean I’d also put Staal being a weak captain as Rod’s fault too. not like there’s much else to work with but he could have demanded they bring in a leader

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
This Meme represents this season , my friend asked me if i wanted to go see the sens game ealier i said nope , he was even willing to pay half price , nope! I still think Kotchie should have stayed with the team and play all the games and let these 2 old fart rest

Attachments

• 2i9v8i.jpg
    2i9v8i.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Not blaming this all on Rod when we got borderline nhl guys playing top minutes lol he can only work with what’s given I’m sorry there just isn’t enough talent on this team outside the obvious players
I get it. Rod is untouchable but someone needs to say something as we continue to flameout every year.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Staal's complete inability to contribute offensively is hurting us far more than many would like to admit. Admitting it would get you labeled as one of the bad, negative fans who shouldn't be allowed to cheer for the team anymore
I mean 17 goals for a third line centre isn’t terrible. Where’s Teravaiven been? Basically invisible for most of the season.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
They don’t care why should we
I'm not sure I do. I'm the last guy to turn off a game early but I'm done. One more goal and I'm done. And you know Detroit is beating us. I have better shit to do like go pick dog shit out of my yard

f*** it, looking like scalping my playoff tickets to whatever New York/New Jersey fan is willing to pay twice face is going to be the plan this year. If we're lucky I might get a 3rd game to sell.
I would.

Reactions: Sigurd

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
Not wrong, but they have to get aggressive this off-season. Bring in someone that's on an expiring contract and don't give a f*** how much they make, because the plan is for them to walk anyway. They're literally at the point where that's the one hope to keep pace in the East next season because Patches and Svech will be out a while regardless, and the rest of the conference isn't going to stop loading up any time soon.
Just gonna be honest here, even assuming the LONGEST end of current ACL(5-9 months) most pro athletes make in back in around 6 and Acchiles injury (4-6 months) obviously go for caution here. Thefe recovery times would put Pacioretty ready for the season and Svechnikov back by November at the absolute latest... (Seeing as Svechnikov is a 23 year old workout warrior professional athlete I don't see it taking the max).

Yes we need to make some moves still but assuming we even resign Pacioretty they should both be back at the latest about two weeks into the season.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Lol this is hilarious brutal play let’s just finish second and get swept and move on
Yup plus you can’t bank on beating Florida on Thursday either so tomorrow becomes a big game for 2nd place.

Tripp says they don’t look as quick today versus earlier games. No shit.

Well, rest some guys and bring up some wolves.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Team’s second in the league and lost 2 of its 3 best pure goal scorers and is struggling to score down the stretch. Happens. 2nd is pretty good if we’re judging the “regime” by its results.
Svech and ??? Again, don't say Patches bc he played 5 games and we were doing pretty damn good before then...Aho and TT (and to an extent Necas) have basically dropped off a cliff

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Staal's complete inability to contribute offensively is hurting us far more than many would like to admit. Admitting it would get you labeled as one of the bad, negative fans who shouldn't be allowed to cheer for the team anymore
Yeah, I know Rod loves Staal, but you simply cannot be a slow purely defensive player with the ice time he's getting. And the much ballihooed leadership seems to be utter crap. I don't think it's a coincidence that this roster has underachieved since Williams left that role.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Yup plus you can’t bank on beating Florida on Thursday either so tomorrow becomes a big game for 2nd place.

Tripp says they don’t look as quick today versus earlier games. No shit.

Well, rest some guys and bring up some wolves.
Have we called anyone up at forward this year besides Drury?

Trying to think if I’m missing a game here or there where we have one of our older vets a callup. Iirc Stromwall looked good in preseason and we never even gave him a game. Ponormayov and Suzuki are having good years. Would’ve liked to give Rees a look for an injection of energy, too.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Have we called anyone up at forward this year besides Drury?

Trying to think if I’m missing a game here or there where we have one of our older vets a callup. Iirc Stromwall looked good in preseason and we never even gave him a game. Ponormayov and Suzuki are having good years. Would’ve liked to give Rees a look for an injection of energy, too.
Nope they refuse to call up anyone who knows how to score for some reason they’d rather have hard working martinook play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad