GDT: The Hurricanes Play a Bunch of Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hurricanesfan66

Dec 22, 2018
underachieved since Williams left that role.
THIS! I had this thought the other day too. There is no fire, no passion in this team. Everything feels half-a$$ed. Williams would commit 100%. I am fine for a lot of these guys to walk after the year. I see someone like KK throwing the body around, playing with passion, and uncoincidentally, don't remember the exact line, but he has the most points in the last month or since all star game or something. Love his play, Chats, Noesen, guys are battling out there.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Just gonna be honest here, even assuming the LONGEST end of current ACL(5-9 months) most pro athletes make in back in around 6 and Acchiles injury (4-6 months) obviously go for caution here. Thefe recovery times would put Pacioretty ready for the season and Svechnikov back by November at the absolute latest... (Seeing as Svechnikov is a 23 year old workout warrior professional athlete I don't see it taking the max).

Yes we need to make some moves still but assuming we even resign Pacioretty they should both be back at the latest about two weeks into the season.
Your timelines seem too aggressive.

I believe the word out of Europe after patches surgery was a full 9 months of recovery (surgeon comment). Of course it’s not a sure thing he is resigned either.

Svetch may come back in a quicker timeline but it’s not a sure thing that his speed & quickness and play will rebound back to this years level next year. It may be the following year we see him rebounding back.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Can they at least not get shutout tonight?

images

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I think it’s ok to admit we have a lot of really good hockey players while also admitting this certain group is not championship caliber and very well could never be. Yeah no Svech right now and MaxPac but the latter was always a wild card which is why we could acquire him for nothing.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

hurricanesfan66

Dec 22, 2018
Problem is if we do bring up someone, they will get buried on the 4th line with a rotation of Stepan, Noesen, and Stasny. Not that I think Noesen shouldn't be buried either. Let me see Martinook to the 4th.

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Who are you thinking is a better pure goal scorer than Pacioretty?
I think the point is that Patches shouldn’t really count. He’s a know health liability, it’s one of the reasons Vegas just gave him away.

I don’t think anyone was expecting him to miss the entire season but at the same time with his age and wear and tear he’s definitely not a guy you pencil in for a full 82.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I mean 17 goals for a third line centre isn’t terrible. Where’s Teravaiven been? Basically invisible for most of the season.
Meh... Look, we all have heard it before, RBA doesn't really abide by 1st, 2nd, 3rd line status and his usage of Staal shows that. He averages the 5th most TOI per game of any of our forwards, and 2nd for our centers. So yeah, it is problematic when a guy who is used like a Top 6 player doesn't contribute offensively

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I think the point is that Patches shouldn’t really count. He’s a know health liability, it’s one of the reasons Vegas just gave him away.

I don’t think anyone was expecting him to miss the entire season but at the same time with his age and wear and tear he’s definitely not a guy you pencil in for a full 82.

He shouldn’t count as one of our best pure goalscorers? I don’t buy that. If we’re putting up for referendum the efficacy of the whole Borg and the roster/core they’ve created, and blaming their moves and roster construction for the spot we’re in today (which, again, is 2nd in the league), a player they went out and acquired should validly get included in that discussion.

Reactions: cptjeff

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Have we called anyone up at forward this year besides Drury?

Trying to think if I’m missing a game here or there where we have one of our older vets a callup. Iirc Stromwall looked good in preseason and we never even gave him a game. Ponormayov and Suzuki are having good years. Would’ve liked to give Rees a look for an injection of energy, too.
No one. Mind boggling.

Aho line playing crap defense again.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Meh... Look, we all have heard it before, RBA doesn't really abide by 1st, 2nd, 3rd line status and his usage of Staal shows that. He averages the 5th most TOI per game of any of our forwards, and 2nd for our centers. So yeah, it is problematic when a guy who is used like a Top 6 player doesn't contribute offensively
Only reason he plays so much is matchups against other teams top lines

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
He shouldn’t count as one of our best pure goalscorers? I don’t buy that. If we’re putting up for referendum the efficacy of the whole Borg and the roster/core they’ve created, and blaming their moves and roster construction for the spot we’re in today (which, again, is 2nd in the league), a player they went out and acquired should validly get included in that discussion.
Man, he played like 3 games. Weren't you warning us about small sample sizes earlier in the season over Kooch?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad